9 posts in this topic

Posted

Audi sets new single-month sales record

German carmaker Audi reported booming sales for August, making the month the best-ever in company history. Audi's premium A3 compact car is billed as the company's next top-seller.

Deliveries in August surged 14.9 percent on the same month a year ago, as Audi continued growing in all regions of the world, the German carmaker announced Monday.

As customers bought 108,100 Audi cars last month, total sales for the past eight months of 2012 reached 961,000 vehicles, up 12.7 percent compared with the same period in 2011, the subsidiary of Germany's biggest auto maker Volkswagen said.

Audi Threatens BMW

1 person likes this

Posted

Because they make Damn good cars! Cant wait for the day I can afford an RS6 :-D

Posted

Because they make Damn good cars! Cant wait for the day I can afford an RS6 :-D

The problem with the RS counterparts is the lack of torque! Their torque numbers aren't much (if any) different than the 'S' counterparts. This is where the M and (especially) AMG divisions win. Horsepower is great, but when it's a difference of 20-30 HP in a sea of 550+ horsepower, it's not a huge difference. The difference in torque is what you're going to notice. Remember what the great Carroll Shelby said..."Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races." Especially torque that is available at the lower end of the powerband :p

Just take a look at the 2013 RS4, 450 HP, but only a weak 317 lb/ft torque. ###### is wrong with you Audi?

Posted

This is where the M and (especially) AMG divisions win.

It doesn't look like they won over enough of customers last month :p

Seriously, this isn't a racing competition - everyone buys what they like. And having said that, I appreciate all the German cars equally the same, but it's just that my heart belongs to Audi.

Just take a look at the 2013 RS4, 450 HP, but only a weak 317 lb/ft torque. ###### is wrong with you Audi?

What good is the high torque if your transmission can't convert it effectively and efficiently?

And basing your purchasing decision on just these two numbers is just silly. You have to look at the whole package (weight, 0-200, not just 0-100) and simply follow your heart.

Cheers!

Posted

Nice. The latest range of Audis are damn nice looking. One of the managers in work just got an RS6, and I think he got it tuned by "Q's tuning" I think thats the company. Mad noise from it.

Did anyone read in the newspaper about the rs6 that had the lambo engine transplanted in it that outran the police helicopter? One of 2 in the UK or something.

Posted

It doesn't look like they won over enough of customers last month :p

Seriously, this isn't a racing competition - everyone buys what they like. And having said that, I appreciate all the German cars equally the same, but it's just that my heart belongs to Audi.

What good is the high torque if your transmission can't convert it effectively and efficiently?

And basing your purchasing decision on just these two numbers is just silly. You have to look at the whole package (weight, 0-200, not just 0-100) and simply follow your heart.

Cheers!

Yep, I do agree that Audi's should have a better launch - they have AWD. This vs. RWD, which is much harder to launch. But, most modern cars have launch control, which should help drivers launch their cars more effectively.

Take the C63 for example, it's faster than the RS4 (despite RS4 being AWD) and M3 to 60 - link 1 and link2. Mercedes seriously underrates the 0-60 in most AMG cars. It's not just about the numbers - I think the AMG is overall better - the noise is intoxicating (really, what AMG isn't), the interior is great, it's easy going when you want to relax, but at the same time can be insane. It's just the best of both worlds.

Posted

Did anyone read in the newspaper about the rs6 that had the lambo engine transplanted in it that outran the police helicopter? One of 2 in the UK or something.

Argh, that entire article annoyed me. The 5L V10 in the RS6 IS the same engine found in the Gallardo. Nobody transplanted it, it wasn't 1 of only 2 in the country, it was just useless journalists hearing Lambo engine and Audi in the same sentence, putting 2 and 2 together and coming out with 5!

Posted

They are doing well and have really picked up their game the last little bit.

Posted

Argh, that entire article annoyed me. The 5L V10 in the RS6 IS the same engine found in the Gallardo. Nobody transplanted it, it wasn't 1 of only 2 in the country, it was just useless journalists hearing Lambo engine and Audi in the same sentence, putting 2 and 2 together and coming out with 5!

You see thats what I thought as well, but when i read it I just assumed it was a murcealago engine or a tuned Gallardo engine or something.

Stupid Journalists!!

Either way - the car is a beast!!!!!!!!