Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

iTunes 11 UI

520 posts in this topic

Posted

As you know, iTunes 11 coming in october with brand new UI. I looked on apple website and I just noticed that the window having new lighter grey colors, flatter window borders and glassier window control buttons (x - +) with almost no border. Maybe OS X 10.9 design started to appear...?
Those window control buttons starting to look like a little bit retro for me.

[url="http://www.apple.com/itunes/new-itunes/"]New iTunes on Apple.com[/url]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/rG9aM.jpg[/img]

Posted

Well, at least we know apple developers have no taste in music.
14 people like this

Posted

Retro? They look pretty similar to what's on the iPhone

Posted

I think it looks quite nice, a definite improvement over what we are used to. It looks great without the sidebar, IMO it was pointless and it makes more sense to have the buttons at the top. I can't wait to get my hands on it.
2 people like this

Posted

I really like the look aside from that terrible center display with the apple logo. It looks like someone cut a section of the app out and that's the background underneath.
4 people like this

Posted

iTunes updater won't work, insists that 10.6.3 is the newest build. Very strange

Posted

[quote name='cooky560' timestamp='1347615400' post='595174893']
iTunes updater won't work, insists that 10.6.3 is the newest build. Very strange
[/quote]
iTunes 11 won't be out before late October. You can manually download iTunes 10.7 from Apple Software Update or [url="http://www.apple.com/itunes"]http://www.apple.com/itunes[/url] - it looks largely the same as the current version though.

Posted

Can I still have the "browser" mode with text only?

Posted

I hope it's a complete rewrite and not just a GUI update.

Posted

[quote name='sanke1' timestamp='1347616546' post='595174919']
I hope it's a complete rewrite and not just a GUI update.
[/quote]
Someone told me the OSX version was a complete re-write, but he didn't know if the Windows version was.

Posted

Looks ugly. Feels like some noob fired up Gimp and got a gradient look from the 90's.
4 people like this

Posted

From the keynote it looks quite nice. As someone that uses iTunes every single day I welcome these changes.

Posted

itunes vs zune UI?
2 people like this

Posted

Better way to disturb my neighbor? :laugh: :woot: :laugh: :woot:
1 person likes this

Posted

Apple retro is better than Windows Metro.
6 people like this

Posted

[quote name='sanke1' timestamp='1347616546' post='595174919']
I hope it's a complete rewrite and not just a GUI update.[/quote]
iTunes for Mac has already been largely rewritten when Apple added 64-bit support to v10.4. It's the interface that's still largely the same old stuff and needs to be updated. Back when the 64-bit version was released almost everyone here on the forum, including myself, reported massive improvements in performance.

The interface is pretty much the only thing left that truly needs to be redone, on OS X that is.
2 people like this

Posted

I hope it's better on Windows.
2 people like this

Posted

[quote name='nyolc8' timestamp='1347613109' post='595174861']
As you know, iTunes 11 coming in october with brand new UI. I looked on apple website and I just noticed that the window having new lighter grey colors, flatter window borders and glassier window control buttons (x - +) with almost no border. Maybe OS X 10.9 design started to appear...?
Those window control buttons starting to look like a little bit retro for me.[/quote]
People frequently fail to realize that many pictures on apple.com, including most if not all screen shots, have been adjusted or maybe even redesigned from the ground up to be more suitable for the website and printed PR material. Just take a look at all the OS X Mountain Lion screen shots on [url="http://apple.com/osx"]apple.com/osx[/url]. The interface elements there aren't an exact match with the real deal either: The Menu Bar is almost always opaque and slightly brighter, window control buttons look "glassier", subtile differences in icons and colors in general stand out more. It's pointless to pay much attention to these details until you actually have the new iTunes installed.
3 people like this

Posted

Gotta see this to have an opinion. iTunes is very easy to use: I can't see many things that could be improved.

Posted

[quote name='richardsim7' timestamp='1347614076' post='595174871']
Retro? They look pretty similar to what's on the iPhone
[/quote]
I mean the x - + buttons in the top left corner.

[quote name='.Neo' timestamp='1347624790' post='595175083']
People frequently fail to realize that many pictures on apple.com, including most if not all screen shots, have been adjusted or maybe even redesigned from the ground up to be more suitable for the website and printed PR material. Just take a look at all the OS X Mountain Lion screen shots on [url="http://apple.com/osx"]apple.com/osx[/url]. The interface elements there aren't an exact match with the real deal either: The Menu Bar is almost always opaque and slightly brighter, window control buttons look "glassier", subtile differences in icons and colors in general stand out more. It's pointless to pay much attention to these details until you actually have the new iTunes installed.
[/quote]
I know they oversaturate everything on apple.com, but the window itself looks flatter for me... It's somehow strange/different for me.

Posted

Hey Apple ... 2003 called, and wants it's gradients back!
4 people like this

Posted

[quote name='nyolc8' timestamp='1347613109' post='595174861']
Maybe OS X 10.9 design started to appear...?
[/quote]

Actually that might be the case. I've noticed apple updating UI changes in itunes well before any other app/os release.

Posted

I'm hoping for the Windows version to look somewhat more native than the current version of iTunes/Windows does.
2 people like this

Posted

[quote name='Mephistopheles' timestamp='1347630098' post='595175299']
I'm hoping for the Windows version to look somewhat more native than the current version of iTunes/Windows does.
[/quote]
Don't hold your breath on that one.. Appearance wise Apple software on the PC has always tried to look as close as they can get it to it's Native MacOS Brother..
If only they could get the performance to match lol

Posted

Zune player ftw!!! But I hope Zune updates more :/
2 people like this