• Please log in to reply
519 replies to this topic

#286 KibosJ

KibosJ

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505)

Posted 26 November 2012 - 17:37

But that degrades the quality of the music. I have most of my music in FLAC so I could probably reconvert it to AAC without any loss. That's too much work tho. lol :)

It was a lot of work, but you can easily keep your FLAC files and just use the converted AAC files for iTunes Match :)

#287 Shadrack

Shadrack

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 26 November 2012 - 17:57

It seems like the vast majority of my tracks were "matched" and iTunes only had to upload a handful of obscure tracks. I like the service I just wish that bug I've been experiencing would be squashed.

#288 f0rk_b0mb

f0rk_b0mb

Neowinian Senior

Posted 26 November 2012 - 18:16

It was a lot of work, but you can easily keep your FLAC files and just use the converted AAC files for iTunes Match :)

I had no intents to trash my FLAC. :rofl: I'm saying it's too much work to convert them because it takes up too much time, and store 3 copies of my music in FLAC, AAC, and MP3. Besides, my subscription ends in two months and I'm not renewing. :)

#289 Pam14160

Pam14160

Lee

Posted 26 November 2012 - 18:21

I had no intents to trash my FLAC. :rofl: I'm saying it's too much work to convert them because it takes up too much time, and store 3 copies of my music in FLAC, AAC, and MP3. Besides, my subscription ends in two months and I'm not renewing. :)

Try Flac-Mp3 Converter (www.flac-mp3.org) very fast. Use it all the time. :)

#290 +d5aqoëp

d5aqoëp

Banned

Posted 26 November 2012 - 18:29

Has it dropped yet?

#291 f0rk_b0mb

f0rk_b0mb

Neowinian Senior

Posted 26 November 2012 - 18:37

Has it dropped yet?

Nope.

#292 Creamy

Creamy

Neowinian

Posted 26 November 2012 - 21:49

I hope that iTunes 11 fixes this wide-spread and very annoying bug:

Yees.... (Y)

#293 Shadrack

Shadrack

Neowinian Senior

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:46

I think right now I'm more interested in the unknown. Sure, it is going to play music with a different interface...but what else? So far that's all we've seen right?

It would be interesting if they overhauled the iOS syncing that has been integrated in iTunes since inception of the iPhone. I would be really happy if Apple were to divorce all the functionality of iTunes into separate apps. iTMS, Media (Music/Video) Player, iOS Sync Tool are all kind of distinctively different things IMO.

It all seems OK to us because we've seen the progression of the iPod into the iPhone. The iPod syncing with the media playing and managing software made sense.

When I tell my step mother that she manages her new cell phone from the media player software that seemed really bizarre to her (but she just accepts it like the rest of us and moves on). It just...always has been that way with these particular things. So yeah, I hope Apple does something bold with that.

#294 .Neo

.Neo

Generic User

• Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:49

Has it dropped yet?

Going to apple.com/itunes to see for yourself is too hard? :p

#295 +Quillz

Quillz

A Talking Pokemon

• Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:20

I predict we'll see this tomorrow, Wednesday or Friday. Apple seems to often release new software on those days.

#296 +d5aqoëp

d5aqoëp

Banned

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:36

Going to apple.com/itunes to see for yourself is too hard? :p

Should have asked "Has it leaked yet" :rofl:

#297 f0rk_b0mb

f0rk_b0mb

Neowinian Senior

Posted 27 November 2012 - 13:54

Should have asked "Has it leaked yet"

LOL! I wish! :rofl:

#298 f0rk_b0mb

f0rk_b0mb

Neowinian Senior

Posted 27 November 2012 - 17:36

I think right now I'm more interested in the unknown. Sure, it is going to play music with a different interface...but what else? So far that's all we've seen right?

It would be interesting if they overhauled the iOS syncing that has been integrated in iTunes since inception of the iPhone. I would be really happy if Apple were to divorce all the functionality of iTunes into separate apps. iTMS, Media (Music/Video) Player, iOS Sync Tool are all kind of distinctively different things IMO.

It all seems OK to us because we've seen the progression of the iPod into the iPhone. The iPod syncing with the media playing and managing software made sense.

When I tell my step mother that she manages her new cell phone from the media player software that seemed really bizarre to her (but she just accepts it like the rest of us and moves on). It just...always has been that way with these particular things. So yeah, I hope Apple does something bold with that.

I don't think that would work too well. On the other hand, I would like to see them combine the iTunes and App store on iOS. Call it the iStore.

#299 Jub Fequois

Jub Fequois

Owlblood

• Phone: iPhone

Posted 27 November 2012 - 17:43

I don't think that would work too well. On the other hand, I would like to see them combine the iTunes and App store on iOS. Call it the iStore.

One application to purchase and sync things and one application to playback media files. Now that would be sweet.

#300 .Neo

.Neo

Generic User

• Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 27 November 2012 - 23:25

I predict we'll see this tomorrow, Wednesday or Friday. Apple seems to often release new software on those days.

I predict we will see iTunes 11 before December 1st, unless Apple delays it again.