itunes interface

• Please log in to reply
519 replies to this topic

#421 dr_crabman

dr_crabman

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 30 November 2012 - 00:33

It is not like it was slow or anything drastic.

Lol, you're funny.

#422 .Neo

.Neo

Generic User

• Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 30 November 2012 - 00:37

Heh I could redeem an iTunes Gift Card using my iSight. Pretty nifty! :laugh:

#423 myxomatosis

myxomatosis

Shrinking Universe

Posted 30 November 2012 - 00:39

Love the new version personaly. The only thing I miss: The dark background

#424 xWhiplash

xWhiplash

Neowinian Senior

Posted 30 November 2012 - 00:40

Is this freezing for anybody else? I get about 2 seconds of use before it freezes on me. It does this on BOTH Windows 8 and OS X on my Mac Pro.

Activity Monitor has the CPU ranging between 0.1 and 0.5%

#425 +devHead

devHead

Get Off The Bandwagon, Put Down The Handbook

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 521

Posted 30 November 2012 - 00:45

Yeah, god damn it. How dare this iTunesHelper service and iPodServices service take 80k of my 16GB of memory. Shiesh Apple.

Well, there's no need to curse. However, on my wife's computer (she's the only one running Apple software because of her iPod Touch), the iPodService is taking 1.5 MB, the iTunesHelper, 2 MB, Bonjour Service (yeah, is that for exactly?) 1.1 MB, and the MobileDeviceService 1.6 MB. You're right, compared to the amount of installed RAM (4 GB, not 16 GB), it's not that much, but this is with no Apple software running. She syncs her iPod maybe once a week, but these services are running all the time. Where are you getting the 80 kilobytes, there Shadrack?

#426 Shadrack

Shadrack

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 30 November 2012 - 00:56

Well, there's no need to curse. However, on my wife's computer (she's the only one running Apple software because of her iPod Touch), the iPodService is taking 1.5 MB, the iTunesHelper, 2 MB, Bonjour Service (yeah, is that for exactly?) 1.1 MB, and the MobileDeviceService 1.6 MB. You're right, compared to the amount of installed RAM (4 GB, not 16 GB), it's not that much, but this is with no Apple software running. She syncs her iPod maybe once a week, but these services are running all the time. Where are you getting the 80 kilobytes, there Shadrack?

I was exaggerating to make a point... with little tact (is obvious now :p).

Bonjour Services are so that there are no networking issues w/s/e between iOS devices, Apple TV, Macs, and PCs. Its like netbios, but I find it is more reliable because Apple implementation of netbios on Mac doesn't always work right. Might be Apple's fault, might be Microsoft's fault for not having netbios documented well enough...who is to say. But if you have 2 of any of those devices, Bonjour Service makes them discoverable to one another across the network. It also means that Apple doesn't need to implement netbios (a microsoft technology) on iOS devices (which wouldn't make sense).

Anyway, I wonder how many people b&m about lousy iTunes performance and have disabled iTunesHelper from running......

Maybe you could use Cameyo to make an all-enclosed/sandboxed executable file? That way those things only pop up and run if you open iTunes...

#427 pixelpixel

pixelpixel

Neowinian

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:18

My win 7 64 bit keeps falling over. :(

#428 myxomatosis

myxomatosis

Shrinking Universe

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:23

WTF Apple? Where is Ping??? :angry:

Posted Image

#429 Pas

Pas

Middle Aged Dude

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:33

regarding Cover Flow, it seems i may have been the only person to use it but i found it to be the best interface in iTunes. using cover flow, i could see the cover art of the album i was listening to plus see the track listing at the same time. i'm sorry, folks, but i found that to be very useful. i realize the album art and track listing can still be viewed by using the "Artist" list but i prefer the cover flow interface. oh well, it seems Apple decided since i was the only person to use cover flow, it was no longer needed. ;) i guess i'll have to adjust to the new "expanded View" of iTunes 11.

#430 Lunfai

Lunfai

Neowinian

• Phone: iOS 8

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:03

iTunes 11 looks ugly on Windows, the font rendering is ugly. Glad I can use the Mac version. Also, what's with the new icon?, it's not even the same base as the App Store Icon. The inner ring on the white border is thicker, and the icon itself has a slight gradient and shadow, whereas the App Store icon plain with a slight shadow. :(

#431 myxomatosis

myxomatosis

Shrinking Universe

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:36

Anybody tried iTunes 11 for Windows on a Retina MacBook Pro? How does it look? Version 10.7 didn’t scale and was blurry

#432 PyX

PyX

Neowinian Senior

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:01

Wow, I've been waiting about 3 years for that release, and I'm not deceived. It's very appreciated.

#433 Shadrack

Shadrack

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:05

regarding Cover Flow, it seems i may have been the only person to use it but i found it to be the best interface in iTunes. using cover flow, i could see the cover art of the album i was listening to plus see the track listing at the same time. i'm sorry, folks, but i found that to be very useful. i realize the album art and track listing can still be viewed by using the "Artist" list but i prefer the cover flow interface. oh well, it seems Apple decided since i was the only person to use cover flow, it was no longer needed. ;) i guess i'll have to adjust to the new "expanded View" of iTunes 11.

Coverflow actually started as a 3rd party app. I'm not sure if Apple bought them out or just ripped the original off... If you are on Mac, I'm sure there will be a 3rd party Coverflow app (as that is what it was originally). For PC? Maybe... I remember liking the separate app more, because I could always leave it open on my desktop while iTunes could be in another desktop or whatever.

#434 PyX

PyX

Neowinian Senior

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:05

You're clueless. Investors don't give two ****s about how iTunes runs.

Lol. If the new iTunes ran like crap, iPhone and iPod sales would run like crap, too. I've heard countless number of people say "I don't buy Apple products because iTunes sucks".

#435 .Neo

.Neo

Generic User

• Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:13

Coverflow actually started as a 3rd party app. I'm not sure if Apple bought them out or just ripped the original off...

Apple bought it.