519 replies to this topic

#451 Jub Fequois

Jub Fequois

Owlblood

• Phone: OnePlus One

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:31

CMD+/ and CMD+OPT+S

Results

Ah, okay. Not the view I was looking for. But thanks!

#452 Tuishimi

Tuishimi

Michinator

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:36

Huh. Not sure what to think just yet. At least it still scrobbles fine. The texture ... it's all ... gritty.

#453 MidTxWRX

MidTxWRX

IT Professional

• Phone: iPhone 4

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:44

Where is that option? :o

View > Show Sidebar

#454 Jub Fequois

Jub Fequois

Owlblood

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:50

View > Show Sidebar

Not that either. I'm just looking for the old list view where things were sorted by album and "grouped" with cover art. I've got it sorted by album right now, but I haven't found any option to put the cover art back.

Thanks though. :)

#455 Aaron Olive

Aaron Olive

2011 27" iMac

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: iPhone 6 Plus Space Gray

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:00

Not that either. I'm just looking for the old list view where things were sorted by album and "grouped" with cover art. I've got it sorted by album right now, but I haven't found any option to put the cover art back.

Oh, the album artwork well, Apple removed that but strangely left the text code in the plist.

#456 Jub Fequois

Jub Fequois

Owlblood

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:14

Oh, the album artwork well, Apple removed that but strangely left the text code in the plist.

Hmm, yeah. I suppose I'll have to spend eternity trying to make Foobar into what I want instead, since I don't use any functionality of iTunes apart from listening to music.

#457 Aaron Olive

Aaron Olive

2011 27" iMac

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: iPhone 6 Plus Space Gray

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:26

Hmm, yeah. I suppose I'll have to spend eternity trying to make Foobar into what I want instead, since I don't use any functionality of iTunes apart from listening to music.

You're not the only one disappointed by it's removal, i used it to make sure all my songs had it's album covers pasted in.

#458 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 4
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:33

getting that view in foobar takes about as long as the install does withuout album art in the list view, and 5 min more with album art since you need panel or collumn view addon for the album art in the list I think

#459 virtorio

virtorio

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 15
  • Phone: LG G3

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:49

Doesn't the Artist (and Generes) view sort of do that? I might be misunderstanding as I never ever used that view in 10.x.

#460 Jub Fequois

Jub Fequois

Owlblood

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:51

getting that view in foobar takes about as long as the install does withuout album art in the list view, and 5 min more with album art since you need panel or collumn view addon for the album art in the list I think

Cool. I've never customized it before. But I'll give that a try, ta. :)

Doesn't the Artist (and Generes) view sort of do that? I might be misunderstanding as I never ever used that view in 10.x.

Yeah but in 10.x the albums were kind of grouped with the cover art showing on the left, and hence making it very easy to distinguish between different albums. As it is right now, it's like finding one word in the middle of a wall of a thousand words. It was perfect before. :(

#461 f0rk_b0mb

f0rk_b0mb

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 30 November 2012 - 14:00

Dude seriously, if you're trying to look smart here let me be the first one to break the news: You don't.

Everything points to iTunes 11 being iTunes 10 with an updated interface. From the Preferences window still being non-standard to all the resources being packed in iTunes.rsrc.

You mad, bro? I'm not trying to be smart. You don't have to be such an ass hole just because someone's wrong. Geez. It's a program cool your ######. If your so smart, why didn't you kindly enlighten me and educate me? I'm not a programmer and never claimed to be.

#462 .Neo

.Neo

Generic User

• Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 30 November 2012 - 14:07

You mad, bro? I'm not trying to be smart. You don't have to be such an ass hole just because someone's wrong. Geez. It's a program cool your ######. If your so smart, why didn't you kindly enlighten me and educate me? I'm not a programmer and never claimed to be.

You're seriously going to pretend the "Did you look through every line of code?" part wasn't a smartass remark and act all offended when someone calls you on it? Come on... :laugh:

#463 SuperKid

SuperKid

Im no superman

• Phone: iPhone 6 Plus

Posted 30 November 2012 - 14:08

Anyone else not really liking the new icon? I don't really like it for some reason.

#464 .Neo

.Neo

Generic User

• Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 30 November 2012 - 14:21

Anyone else not really liking the new icon? I don't really like it for some reason.

I do find it curious they went back to the whole 2001 Aqua blob thing to be honest. It doesn't really seem to fit either OS X (hasn't for years) nor iTunes. :/ If you can find the original iTunes 10 icon it should be easy enough to replace the new with the old though.

#465 f0rk_b0mb

f0rk_b0mb

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 30 November 2012 - 14:21

You're seriously going to pretend the "Did you look through every line of code?" remark wasn't a smartass response and act all offended when someone calls you on it? Please...

Yes that was a smartass response, however it's certainly very clear Apple made many improvements over iTunes 10. They delayed it because they had to rewrite some parts: http://www.imore.com...ineering-issues

I'm sure we'll see your preferance pane fixed in in iTunes 11.1 or similar.