iTunes 11 UI

itunes interface

• Please log in to reply
519 replies to this topic

#511 +d5aqoëp

d5aqoëp

Banned

Posted 05 December 2012 - 19:56

How to change iTunes default font to Calibri? In Windows?

#512 Aaron Olive

Aaron Olive

2011 27" iMac

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 05 December 2012 - 20:16

How to change iTunes default font to Calibri? In Windows?

Edit the Textstyles.plst in notepad or your text editor of choice, replace all instances of Segoe UI with the font available in windows.
also note that the language folders are abbreviated en=english, fr=french and so on. 1337 :shiftyninja:

Posted Image

#513 .Neo

.Neo

Generic User

• Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 05 December 2012 - 23:59

what was there to slip under the radar when people were reporting it? that's all we're saying

For whatever reason you seem to think this is the most important and/or only thing being brought to Apple's attention. As I said two times already the OS X team most likely has more pressing issues to attend to.

#514 .Neo

.Neo

Generic User

Posted 06 December 2012 - 00:04

Edit the Textstyles.plst in notepad or your text editor of choice, replace all instances of Segoe UI with the font available in windows.
also note that the language folders are abbreviated en=english, fr=french and so on. 1337 :shiftyninja:

That's pretty neat since it doesn't involve modding system files. (Y)

#515 Shadrack

Shadrack

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 16 December 2012 - 18:27

So far I must say I'm really loving iTunes 11. The mini player/browser kicks some serious butt. I don't think I could go back.

Hmm... i need to figure out how to set a global hotkey for the mini player search feature.

How would I go about binding control+command+space to the mini browser search globally?

#516 +Quillz

Quillz

A Talking Pokemon

• Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:33

Is there a way to prevent iTunes from syncing particular album artwork with iTunes Match? I have two albums that I know are using the wrong album artwork on iTune's database. But every time I manually replace them with the correct artwork, it's been reverted with the next iTunes Match sync.

#517 .Neo

.Neo

Generic User

Posted 24 January 2013 - 21:43

Thanks to Aaron Olive's tip I managed to change the iTunes 11 default font to Lucida Grande! Makes the whole thing fit in more with OS X Mountain Lion if you'd ask me. So far I haven't encountered any weird interface issues.

So how to do it?
  • Simply copy /iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/TextStyles.plist to the desktop
  • Open the file with Xcode
  • Use the Xcode Editor's Find/Replace bar (cmd + F) to replace all instances of "HelveticaNeue" with "LucidaGrande". Be sure not to add a space between "Lucida" and "Grande"
  • Then use the Find/Replace bar to remove all instances of "-Medium" by leaving the replace box empty.
If you have your system language set to something else - let's say Dutch - you'll have to modify TextStyles.plist in the folder Dutch.lproj.

Attached Images

• iTunes 11.png

#518 +Quillz

Quillz

A Talking Pokemon

• Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:39

Very nice, will give it a try myself. Probably something we'll have to "fix" on every iTunes update, though.

#519 .Neo

.Neo

Generic User

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:36

Very nice, will give it a try myself. Probably something we'll have to "fix" on every iTunes update, though.

Luckily it's a one minute job.

#520 allan.nyholm

allan.nyholm

Neowinian

• Phone: iPhone 5S

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:14

Great tip .Neo - also thanks to Aaron Olive for the tip he provided.