Lumia 820 shell designs revealed along with ruggedised versions too

Active-Shell_s.jpg

We saw the 820 revealed not so long ago, I even have it pegged as My Next Windows Phone. The folks over at Nokia Conversations have gone into a little more detail about the options we'll be seeing for the replaceable cases.

As the Lumia 820 has a replaceable shell design, the options for changing the dynamic of the phone are plentiful, with Nokia will offering glossy, matte and even 'ruggedised' designs. With such a flexible array of case designs, we?re sure that the 820 will prove a popular option for those who like a bit of mix and matching. We?re left wondering if the Lumia 820 might end up being the smartphone choice for builders or other professions based in high impact environments.

Nokia will have quite a range of colours and textures, here?s what they will offer:

High Gloss Colours: Red, Yellow, Cyan, Purple and White

Matte Finish: Grey and Black

Wireless Charging Shell : Matte finish only, White, Yellow, Black, Red and Cyan.

Ruggedised Shells: Matte finish, yellow, orange and green, all with a black trim.

http://www.wpcentral.com/lumia-820-shells-designs-revealed-along-ruggedised-versions-too

Yellow/black looks hot

I agree. I find the overall design of the Lumia 820 to be more appealing compared to the 920. I prefer the smaller dimensions (I know the width and thickness is almost the same) of the 820. It makes the screen feel bigger in the phone.

Give me the 920 specs, in an 820 design and I'd be thinking long and hard between one of these and the iPhone 5.