Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Dates changing by 2 days - Java+SQL Server

4 posts in this topic

Posted

We're working on a web-based application running JSF on a JBoss server. It deals with a lot of dates which are being problematic.

In the Java beans the dates are handled as Date objects and are being stored in a database. Whenever a Date is stored in the database it is changed to -2 days from what it was in Java. (I.E. If the Date object in the bean is May 8, 2012 the Date in the database will be May 6, 2012; if the Java Date is Jan 1, 2010 the database date is Dec 30, 2009).

When the Dates are retrieved from the database they remain off by 2 days. Obviously there is a conflict between how Java and SQL handle date objects and we would like to find a good fix for it.

Here are a couple work-arounds we are considering should a "proper" solution not exist:

- Add 2 days to each Java date before calling the stored procedure

- Convert the Java date to a string before storing it and have SQL convert the string to a date

Has anyone encountered this before or could explain why it is doing this, and if so is there a correct solution for it?

Posted

Care to post some sample code?

Posted

Supposedly it's fixed now. I was told it had to do with the libraries being used on the JBoss server. I wasn't given specifics, someone else got it working.

Posted

Ok, glad it's working.