55 replies to this topic

#16 Praetor

Praetor

ASCii / ANSi Designer

• 2,268 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:04

Heh, that's what Redmak said :p

lmao
backup to the thread; OP that sure sucks. Once i had an accident (not my fault), called the cops but they took so long (3 hours; the police station was 5 minutes away) that the kid that hit my car runway. By the time the cops showed up they said that i could press charges against the kid, but i was my word against the kids and had no witnesses except my wife (which was not an impartial witness). Called the insurance company and they basically said that in those cases i *MUST* have witnesses. yeah, it pays off to be a total jerk in my country.

#17 Jimmy0

Jimmy0

Neowinian Senior

• 5,022 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:12

Reminds me of the time I saw a woman knock my wing mirror off in a car park. I saw her do it (was walking back to my car), she continued to try and park (took her 3 or 4 attempts to straighten up into the bay), and when finished she took a look at my wing mirror, glanced around the car park and then just shrugged her shoulders and walked off!

Needless to say her car was also wing mirror-less by the time she returned.

#18 cut

cut

Neowinian

• 88 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:36

I want to post something but I cant.

#19 Rohdekill

Rohdekill

Neowinian Senior

• 3,428 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:54

Personally, I would have had the woman taken to jail. Just because there is a child does not make her any different than one who does not. People act like the child would be devastated and need therapy afterwards. When in fact, the child would be shown that there are consequences to your actions....it's called responsibility for ones own actions.....a vital lesson missing in today's society.

#20 +Yorak

Yorak

Insubordinate

• 3,391 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:02

Sorry dude, but you'll most likely be paying the deductible. That is just how these things usually go.

#21 remixedcat

remixedcat

meow!

• 10,072 posts
  • Phone: I use telepathy and cat meows to communicate

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:09

Personally, I would have had the woman taken to jail. Just because there is a child does not make her any different than one who does not. People act like the child would be devastated and need therapy afterwards. When in fact, the child would be shown that there are consequences to your actions....it's called responsibility for ones own actions.....a vital lesson missing in today's society.

+12233443

#22 OP *RedBull*

*RedBull*

skippy de do da

• 4,640 posts
  • Phone: Android

Posted 20 September 2012 - 16:03

I stated to the cop that I wanted her arrested. I got screwed out if that by the cop. Being the better person I agreed. In hidesight though I feel I should have press the issue.

@neobond

I have had all kinds of crap happen over the years as well. I made some mistakes too. It does bother me as when people do the crap like break into your car to steal CDs and loose change.

If I didn't have a witness I would have keyed up her car. But wouldn't have seen it as it was on the passenger side.

#23 OP *RedBull*

*RedBull*

skippy de do da

• 4,640 posts
  • Phone: Android

Posted 20 September 2012 - 19:12

old news update: I will be paying out of pocket for the deductible and the car rental (if needed).

#24 remixedcat

remixedcat

meow!

• 10,072 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 19:15

how much out of pocket and why the car rental? did she key it up that bad?

#25 Detection

Detection

Detecting stuff...

• 8,369 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 19:17

Moral of the story: Don't take peoples parking spaces if they were waiting first, regardless of which direction they are pointing

#26 tsupersonic

tsupersonic

Neowinian Senior

• 6,288 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 5 16 GB

Posted 20 September 2012 - 19:21

Moral of the story: Don't take peoples parking spaces if they were waiting first, regardless of which direction they are pointing

This is what I first thought of parking spaces being stolen: (Warning: NSFW, strong language)

#27 +Obi-Wan Kenobi

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Neowinian Antique

• 2,479 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 19:22

So sorry that had to happen, but at the same time, I'm glad you had people who were willing to come forward as witnesses. As far as the lady is concerned, it'll come back around to get her, because what goes around comes around. Nobody deserves anything like that, I mean after all, it's just a parking spot, nothing that was life or death, you know? Hope the hammer of justice comes down hard on her, but most importantly, she should've learned a lesson: even when you don't think anyone's looking, most of the time, there's always someone watching!. (Y)

#28 remixedcat

remixedcat

meow!

• 10,072 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 19:25

Look if she is paying rent or a pass on that particular parking spot then I see her heightened frustration, however this is totally and completely not the case so she has no right to even get mad at someone else ever....

#29 Dashel

Dashel

Disgustipator

• 7,498 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 19:29

The spots were angled and not perpendicular?

I'll give women more of a pass on keying stuff than guys, because it is girly. Men know that you don't **** with another man's automobile under pain of death, or castration.

#30 KingCracker

KingCracker

I am your huckleberry.

• 4,237 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 19:29

The story through me off when you say stalls, Are stalls parking spaces? Anyway getting your car keyed sucks. If you don't fix it, it leaves rust lines all up and down the car if not fixed right away. People are ignorant, who cares about a parking space, a parking space is not worth keying a car over and its definitely not worth getting in trouble by the cops either. Stupid lady is stupid.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!