Photo

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Steve B

Steve B

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 23 September 2012 - 02:51

I noticed when installing the latest OSX update that brought Facebook Integration that it only adds the ability to sync contacts. What about Facebook Events and Birthdays? Does anyone know anything about that? I know in iOS 6, it adds Facebook calendar stuff. Actually, on my iPhone 5 it adds both Facebook birthdays and events. On my iPad 3 it just adds the Facebook events. Does anyone have any idea of what is happening? Lol

I just thought that across both OSX and iOS it would be the same in that regard....

#2 OP Steve B

Steve B

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:30

Actually, I figured it out.

I just now wonder why Apple didn't set it up where if you signed into your Facebook account on OSX that it adds the Facebook events and birthdays to iCal. They did it with iOS. LOL

#3 Richard C.

Richard C.

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 28 September 2012 - 23:24

Because apple cares about iOS? :p

#4 Joswin

Joswin

Over a decade on Neowin

• Phone: iPhone 5S 32GB [Gold]

Posted 29 September 2012 - 14:39

I just now wonder why Apple didn't set it up where if you signed into your Facebook account on OSX that it adds the Facebook events and birthdays to iCal. They did it with iOS. LOL

It did to mine. Not events, but birthdays.

#5 Shadrack

Shadrack

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:43

I'm getting birthdays but I don't see any events.

I wish that the Facebook support in Messenger was stronger as well. It would be awesome if it wasn't limited to people who were online. Its not really worth using for me since most of my friends I chat with are usually on mobile and don't show their online status.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!