Question

Posted

In regards to searching for things, the new iOS 6 maps app sucks. But the turn by turn is average. I wish it had more, like your current speed, traffic overlay (not just traffic times built in), and a few more options. But one thing I really want is the Flyover feature.

If I am driving, I want to see the hybrid or satellite view while i am driving. Why isn't this an option? Because it will take too much bandwith? That is up to the user and the user's data plan. I want to drive in between buildings and valleys and elevation changes. I think it would be cool and unique.

Hopefully a cydia crack will enable this.

What do you guys think?

10 answers to this question

Posted

I don't know if you're aware, but the entire maps application is pretty ****ing useless for anything at the moment.
3 people like this

Posted

I would love to see the speed as well. I liked how Navigon showed the current speed as well as the speed limit for the area. I could care less about hybrid view as I would rather just see more road information and gas station/restaurant etc.

Posted

No, don't add it. I deal with enough idiots looking at their phone or their GPS while they're driving. I swear some people mount them directly in front of their eyes.

Voice turn-by-turn directions are more than enough.

Posted

[quote name='SMELTN' timestamp='1348753886' post='595209577']
I would love to see the speed as well. I liked how Navigon showed the current speed as well as the speed limit for the area. I could care less about hybrid view as I would rather just see more road information and gas station/restaurant etc.
[/quote]There's this great thing right in front of you...it actually shows you your current speed ;)
1 person likes this

Posted

[quote name='Rudy' timestamp='1348757722' post='595209795']
There's this great thing right in front of you...it actually shows you your current speed ;)
[/quote]

LOL I know. It was more about the speed limit showing up. Honestly I HATED it showing both my current speed and speed limit, because my wife would tell me you are going to fast all the time.. lol
1 person likes this

Posted

Are the current speed limits shown on GPS devices accurate? I've never tried it, I'd be amazed if they could get them right 100% of the time around here.

Nice for the highways, I suppose.

Posted

[quote]Why no Flyover in Turn-by-Turn[/quote]
Because generally taken cars don't fly.

Posted

[quote name='.Neo' timestamp='1348758204' post='595209841']
Because generally taken cars don't fly.
[/quote]
The Jokes forum is right this way .....

Posted

But I thought Apple software was the best?? :p
Sorry, I had to do it. I think this kinda stuff always happens with new OS releases.... Yes, even from the great and powerful Oz.... er, I mean, Apple. :p

Posted

[quote name='jamieakers' timestamp='1348759042' post='595209897']
The Jokes forum is right this way .....
[/quote]
I'm having difficulties finding it ever since I upgraded my new iPad to iOS 6 with the new Maps app.