Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

4 posts in this topic

Posted

My current setup includes two side-by-side monitors and I think it's perfectly sized workspace. However, I recently aquired another LCD and I don't really need the expansion of the workspace. However, what interests me, is if there's some way to use the third monitor for something like monitoring network/server/torrent/PC... performance? That is, hooked to the primary computer, but in a way that wouldn't allow me to ''jump'' form Monitor 1 to Monitor 2 to Monitor 3, but rather kep expanded worksapce on 2 monitors and the 3rd would be accessible only via some other method.

Any ideas?

Posted

A cheap, second gfx card plugged into a spare slot would give you a connection for the 3rd monitor. Windows will recognise it as monitor 3 and you should be able to expand your desktop onto it. I don't think you can do "expanded" plus "single" within windows, but your gxf card drivers might allow such an option if it's possible.

Posted

Nah, not the solution I need. My GPU has 4 outputs anyway, so I can plug it in normally. I'd like the 3rd monitor to, for example show some statistic for network perfromance or something, but to be otherwise inaccessible via mouse.

Posted

[quote name='MikroMan' timestamp='1349035531' post='595217163']
Nah, not the solution I need. My GPU has 4 outputs anyway, so I can plug it in normally. I'd like the 3rd monitor to, for example show some statistic for network perfromance or something, but to be otherwise inaccessible via mouse.
[/quote]
I don't think you can do this; you can get a simple linux network monitoring box plugged into the 3rd screen to give you the info.