Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TTGSteve

Wordpress Featured Image Problem... Sigh

3 posts in this topic

I was wondering if someone could help me out. I have the ability to add featured images to my blog posts on wordpress, which I take advantage of with every single post. The featured image has a decent bit more width than it does height. However, even when I find decently wide images, it will sometimes cut part of the image out. Basically, I just wish that it would scale the image to fit in the box appropriately.It's like a guessing time every time I upload an image.

Would like to know this too!

I was wondering if someone could help me out. I have the ability to add featured images to my blog posts on wordpress, which I take advantage of with every single post. The featured image has a decent bit more width than it does height. However, even when I find decently wide images, it will sometimes cut part of the image out. Basically, I just wish that it would scale the image to fit in the box appropriately.It's like a guessing time every time I upload an image.

Pre scale and crop the picture before uploading. It should be the same size as your header image(s).

Also some themes will show the full size pic as the header, twentyeleven does tis at least for pages. I does whoever make for a huge block of image above the post. In the admin section you can usually edit the page and post CSS and change ow it displays and crops the images.