Finally got WIFI Personal Hotspot working on Verizon IPhone 5.

Turns out that Verizon only lets you sign up for either the 4G Personal Hotspot or the Verizon GPS Maps and Directions Program, NOT both at the same time! Looks like I'll just have learn to get used to the Horrible New Apple Maps Program for Turn By Turn Directions! :-)

I personally use Waze on my 4S even on 5.1.1 to maintain jailbreak. Save your money and I know from a lot of others' reviews that Verizon's GPS is top-notch but give Waze a shot YMMV but it doesn't disappoint :)

I am an Apple Developer Progam Member who regularly Tests Apple's IOS and Mac Beta's so that is NOT an option for me. I would also note that this is a Restriction that Automaticly Applies to Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Phones which did NOT apply to the 4S as it's 3G where as my Apple IPhone 5 is both 4G LTE and is Automatically IOS 6.0 (10A405). I expect that the Apple Maps Program will get better in the Next IOS Update whether it's IOS 6.0.1 or IOS 6.1, Just FYI.

Good luck trying to get them to change that, the best thing I could do if I were you were to see if Verizon intentionally does this for any (possibly stupid) reason and if necessary try threatening them with a switch to AT&T.

I don't plan on doing that as I currently have UNLIMITED DATA for BOTH the IPHONE 5 and the 4G PERSONAL HOTSPOT as I bought my IPhone 5 MONTH TO MONTH due to the fact that my ELIGIBILITY for a new 2 year contract does NOT occur until 05/19/2013, and it looks like I ordered it just in time as it SHIPPED exactly 1 day before the FOXCONN PLANT shut down directly from China. Keep that in mind that it payed off for me to purchase it directly from Apple.Com rather than VerizonWireless.Com as Apple got it out of the Foxconn Plant just in time and shipped it to me directly from China itself using UPS.