WoW Lead Designer: Single-Player Gaming is Dead

I only play single-player games. So I'm dead, according to this *******. Funny as I still consider myself pretty much alive every time I look at the mirror in the morning....

Really? Ok Blizz, so why are most of your players complaining when you try to force them to play with others?. Ok Blizz, so why is it that a lot of people buy your expansions and play through the quests (alone) and then leave because the end-game is about Social interaction?.

How about you shut your pie hole and move to Antarctica. IMO Multiplayer is DEAD.

Thanks to both of you for apparently not bothering to read anything of the thread, or properly reading the original post. The thread title (and original source title) is bull**** and wrong.

He did not say single player gaming is dead. He is not saying multiplayer gaming is 'better'.

He is saying it is more difficult to justify the costs of a AAA single player these days, and that's "really sad".

Jesus, guys - it's not even a long quote to read.

He is saying it is more difficult to justify the costs of a AAA single player these days, and that's "really sad".

Jesus, guys - it's not even a long quote to read.

And we're saying that's bull****, because there are more SP games doing good today and MP games, and most of the SP games with MP sell because of the SP not because of the MP, and the MP on most of them is a empty wasteland, even on the ones with cool and good and somewhat revolutionary MP concepts.

Even games with cool new and awesome MP concepts like Assassins creed are barely played compared to the bog standard behemoths like MW.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - has multiplayer (No it doesn't)

Civilization V - has multiplayer

Watchdogs - has multiplayer / co-op

GTA V - has multiplayer (not known for its multiplayer)

Assassin's Creed 3 - has multiplayer (The first two games in the franchise don't, and the MP isn't what it's bought for)

Dead Space 3 - may suck, DS2 has multiplayer (not known or bought for mp)

Crysis 3 - has multiplayer

Aliens: Colonial Marines - has multiplayer

Mass Effect 3 - has multiplayer (this series is, without a doubt, not purchased for MP alone)

Portal 2 - has multiplayer / co-op

Far Cry 3 - has multiplayer

Dragon Age III - may suck (what?)

I didn't that "may suck" was an argument. Also, most of the games that "have multiplayer" are known for their Single Player.