Photo

Google Account user name - How to change it?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#16 Detection

Detection

Detecting stuff...

Posted 06 October 2012 - 16:09

I don't have a gmail "product" on this account. My intials are not set anywhere that I can find other than the screen shot.

How about a secondary email account you have added as a security / password retrieval method ?

#17 OP Mainer82

Mainer82

Neowinian

• Phone: Motorola 4 yr old flip phone

Posted 06 October 2012 - 16:11

No alternates either.

#18 FeelTheNv

FeelTheNv

Neowinian

• Phone: Xperia Arc

Posted 06 October 2012 - 16:11

http://support.googl...=en&answer=8158
Scroll to the bottom, apparently you can't.
You have to delete and recreate your gmail account?

#19 Detection

Detection

Detecting stuff...

Posted 06 October 2012 - 16:12

No alternates either.

Well if they are your initials, it hasn't just used random characters, they have to be saved somewhere, possibly your messenger username or something you use that hotmail address for

#20 FeelTheNv

FeelTheNv

Neowinian

Posted 06 October 2012 - 16:14

Just do the following.
Create another google/gmail account with the username/email address of your liking.
Go into your account with the username/address that you dislike, and go into the settings.
Make it so that your new account forwards email to the old one.
Make it so that you can send your email AS the new account, like sending email through the old account, but uses new one's email address so sent it?

#21 OP Mainer82

Mainer82

Neowinian

Posted 06 October 2012 - 16:15

All I remember is at one point Google wanted me to create a username, I think I may have added a gmail account at one point but that account no longer existed. It's possible that jkotest2 was infact an address at one point. But I don't want to use this address for a new gmail account.

The google account that I have now, I sign into with with a hotmail address, so right now I dont have a gmail account.

#22 Detection

Detection

Detecting stuff...

Posted 06 October 2012 - 16:17

All I remember is at one point Google wanted me to create a username, I think I may have added a gmail account at one point but that account no longer existed. It's possible that jkotest2 was infact an address at one point. But I don't want to use this address for a new gmail account.

The google account that I have now, I sign into with with a hotmail address, so right now I dont have a gmail account.

I would just clear a browser of your choice's cookies > make a new gmail account not connected to anything > forward hotmail emails to that

That way you get the username / email address you want

#23 FeelTheNv

FeelTheNv

Neowinian

Posted 06 October 2012 - 16:20

I would just clear a browser of your choice's cookies > make a new gmail account not connected to anything > forward hotmail emails to that

Thats what I said. :/
Posted Image

Posted Image
Really useful, so many accounts. :laugh:

#24 Detection

Detection

Detecting stuff...

Posted 06 October 2012 - 16:22

Thats what I said. :/

Well, if you said that, and I said that, it must be the right thing to do ;)

#25 OP Mainer82

Mainer82

Neowinian

Posted 06 October 2012 - 16:24

I'm not intending on stopping the use of my hotmail, I sign into the Google account with the hotmail address, so that when I'm at the webmaster tools or the analytics tools or google reader, my settings are all there under the hotmail. I have a new service, a VOIP provider that uses Google voice. That provider requires a gmail address, I already have my google voice number set up under my google account that is accessed by the hotmail account. I need to create a gmail address under this account, I'd rather not use jkotest2. I'm not sure if I'm making this clear or not. I am not intending on using Gmail for my email provider, just to use for this VOIP service account.

#26 FeelTheNv

FeelTheNv

Neowinian

Posted 06 October 2012 - 16:25

Then simply look at your screenshot, click that Edit button under "Email addresses and usernames", and add the address for a new account LOL
Off to bed~

#27 Auroka

Auroka

Neowinian

Posted 06 October 2012 - 18:20

Not trying to change the subject, but I seriously wish Google would make deleted names/addresses usable again. Every single variation of my name is taken.

firstname.lastname
lastname.firstname
firstname.lastname.numericsuffix
lastname.firstname.numericsuffix

Same thing with when using my first initial. :/

I'm not intending on stopping the use of my hotmail, I sign into the Google account with the hotmail address, so that when I'm at the webmaster tools or the analytics tools or google reader, my settings are all there under the hotmail. I have a new service, a VOIP provider that uses Google voice. That provider requires a gmail address, I already have my google voice number set up under my google account that is accessed by the hotmail account. I need to create a gmail address under this account, I'd rather not use jkotest2. I'm not sure if I'm making this clear or not. I am not intending on using Gmail for my email provider, just to use for this VOIP service account.

I understand what you mean about not wanting to use gmail.
Unfortunately I'm pretty sure once a google account has a @gmail address tied to it there is no changing it.

#28 Detection

Detection

Detecting stuff...

Posted 06 October 2012 - 18:23

Not trying to change the subject, but I seriously wish Google would make deleted names/addresses usable again. Every single variation of my name is taken.

firstname.lastname
lastname.firstname
firstname.lastname.numericsuffix
lastname.firstname.numericsuffix

Same thing with when using my first initial. :/

Try swapping letters for their number lookalikes and vice versa so 1 becomes l etc

#29 Auroka

Auroka

Neowinian

Posted 06 October 2012 - 18:29

Try swapping letters for their number lookalikes and vice versa so 1 becomes l etc

What I mean by numeric suffix is roman numeral numbers - III, IV, etc.

Here is the changing your username support page in case you haven't read it yet.

#30 Detection

Detection

Detecting stuff...

Posted 06 October 2012 - 18:32

What I mean by numeric suffix is roman numeral numbers - III, IV, etc.

Here is the changing your username support page in case you haven't read it yet.

@h rIGh7, I wa$ 7@lkIng M0r3 lik3 H@X0r L@NgUage ;)