11 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi Folks, help needed.

My girlfriend is possibly working away until Christmas, and she would like a tablet to take with her for music, movies etc.

Budget will be

Posted

You haven't mentioned a screen size so based on expandable storage I think Acer A110. However this doesn't have the sim slot, sorry.

Posted

I would have suggested a Nexus 7 but it doesn't have 3G or expandable storage.. :/ You won't get much for that price.

Posted

i would go with the nexus 7 if anything more so cause of the form factor and it has tegra 3 chip inside quad core cpu 12 core graphics last over 11hr on battery well my friends does anyways even doing movies and gaming

Posted

We have seen [url="http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=289;16;-1;-1;-1&sku=228857"]this one[/url] at HMV, but would like more choices if there are any. Expansion isn't as important as having a SIM card slot.

Posted

OK, so just been looking at a few sites comparing tablets, and it seems that for 3G connection a dongle is used as opposed to having a SIM card slot.

So, anyone know any good dongles?

Posted

To use a dongle I'm pretty sure you'll need a full size USB slot, or a converter for USB OTG (most 10inch tabs will give that, but at a much higher price).

Posted

That budget is pretty low for a 3G tablet, don't you happen to have a phone with wifi tethering you can use to share internet with the tablet?

Posted

A second hand original Galaxy Tab maybe? You're not going to get a good 3G enabled tablet for 200.

Posted

[quote name='migo' timestamp='1350070520' post='595243431']
A second hand original Galaxy Tab maybe? [b]You're not going to get a good 3G enabled tablet for 200[/b].
[/quote]

It's looking that way, but the one we were looking at on HMV (I linked above, but it has since been removed) was labelled as 3G, and only

Posted

I'd wait until early Nov. after the launch of Surface/Windows 8. You'll have a huge selection to pick from. The new models will force the prices down on the older stuff too.