iPhone 4 volume button broke.

So I got my Iphone 4 replaced in June, within a week of my 1 year warranty expiring. Now today, my volume button broke. I cannot turn my in call volume down. I had to turn on touch assistance and do that. I am a bit irritated because my iphone rarely leave the otterbox defender. In June my home button no longer worked, the apple store just swapped it. Well went to the apple store now, and they want $150 for it. I would think the "refurb" phone would have lasted much longer than four months.

My fiancee also has an iphone 4. Her sleep button doesn't work correctly you have to REALLY push for it to work. Her warranty is up as well.

Luckily her upgrade is soon, mine is in march.

Anyone else ever have problems like this?

I know no one with these issues. Are you aggressive with your phones at all? Kinda throw them down on a table instead of laying them down

I know no one with these issues. Are you aggressive with your phones at all? Kinda throw them down on a table instead of laying them down

Nope, and I have never dropped my Iphone, either one of them. According to my stuff, I got this "Refurb" Iphone 4 on June 20th. There is ZERO reason why it should be broken this fast. I lay them down, or it stays in my pocket. I am going to the mall tomorrow anyways, so I figure I would go directly to a manager at the Apple store, I am not going to be happy paying $150 for a replacement, then in march get a new phone.

I get the iphone 5 in march I am getting apple care for the 2 years. Just incase this happens again,

Had the same thing happen to be - have you tried using the volume button being pressed from different angles? hold the button down hard and direct - I found that to make it come unstuck.

Any sort of tactile button on a phone will probably break sooner or later, as they're so small and fragile. I used to have an iPhone 3G (many moons ago) and the volume rocker basically fell off that.

Had the same thing happen to be - have you tried using the volume button being pressed from different angles? hold the button down hard and direct - I found that to make it come unstuck.

Tried everything so far.

According to my receipt I am 20 Days past my refurb warranty. GRRRR

EDIT: I just got off the phone with the local Apple Store manager. He agreed to let me bring it in, and have himself and a genius take a look. and "we have some things we can do since your only 20 days past."

Hmm

I think that the Apple Store should give you a break considering they basically gave you a faulty refurb iPhone. Hope that they do. But, your luck will probably be better if you take it to the store and talk to someone one-on-one about it as oppose to calling support.

People seem to have mixed luck... its anyone's guess if they will replace it for free or fix it for free. They might fix it for a small amount though. Probably worth getting it fixed if it is <$100 IMHO. Even if you are planning to upgrade to the iPhone 5, might be handy to have a good backup phone.

If they want more than $100 to fix it, personally I would probably just try and live with it until I could afford to replace it.

Its broken? just in time for a new iPhone release? :D

Co-incidence? Quick get Hum in here ;)

My friend has an iPhone 4, the flash stays permanently on since an iOS update, even if you turn the phone off. I suggested removing the battery to fix it :D

Hope you get this replaced/fixed in the store though, if all the stories you hear are true they might do one of their "Special warranty repairs" and get you a new phone :D

I think you could probably fix this pretty easy. The iPhones are easy to open up, and a quick glance at Amazon.com shows the flex cable with the volume buttons on it for next to nothing. It certainly beats paying for an upgrade.

Nice :). I thought that they probably would. But they can be weird about some things.

For example, I had this nasty scratch on my iPad 2. I took it to the apple store and they replaced it with no real questions asked. They just agreed that the scratch distortorted the image.

My fianc?'s daughter had a similar scratch on her iPod touch but they weren't willing to replace it for free. Their reasoning was that the touchscreen still functioned correctly. They said they would replace it with a refurb for $99 but she wasn't interested in that.

Anyone else LOLLING immense LOLS?

Why? Because Apple products should be 100% free of all defects according to you? Because no other manufacturers offer extended 2-year warranties because every other manufacturer makes 100% perfect products off their assembly lines?

What I'm LOLLING with immense LOL is your lurking.

Why? Because Apple products should be 100% free of all defects according to you? Because no other manufacturers offer extended 2-year warranties because every other manufacturer makes 100% perfect products off their assembly lines?

What I'm LOLLING with immense LOL is your lurking.

Nope. I just find it remarkable that the OP has his iphone replaced under warranty for some defect. Then gets another which develops a defect. And also mentions his fiance has a phone that is having an issue too.

Instead of getting a phone from a manufacturer who don't produce brittle objects he states he'll buy yet another iphone and then give apple even more money for their "care".

His life and his money but really...wake up man.

Nope. I just find it remarkable that the OP has his iphone replaced under warranty for some defect. Then gets another which develops a defect. And also mentions his fiance has a phone that is having an issue too.

Instead of getting a phone from a manufacturer who don't produce brittle objects he states he'll buy yet another iphone and then give apple even more money for their "care".

His life and his money but really...wake up man.

Well, just as an example: my original xbox 360 had an RRoD. They sent me a refurb unit that later had video output issues (about 3 months outside of my original warranty). Microsoft wouldn't do diddly squat even though they gave me a defective refurb.

In this scenario Apple clearly saw that they gave a customer a defective refurb unit and even though he was outside of warranty still corrected their wrong.

In my experience Apple's support is stellar. Everyone is wide awake here. And it is our life and our money. I prefer to spend my money on the company that will replace my tablet if it has a scratch on it. No other company is doing this, but Apple.