Sony reveals new PSN store

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#16 compl3x

compl3x

OK. compl3x again.

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 12 October 2012 - 17:23

Do we know if Sony is going to improve things like the download list? I just bought a 2nd PS3 and trying to find some games to download in my download list is a ****in' nightmare. No search. All previously downloaded content is jumbled together. Can't sort/filter. etc. sucks ass.

#17 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Galaxy S4

Posted 12 October 2012 - 17:45

Do we know if Sony is going to improve things like the download list? I just bought a 2nd PS3 and trying to find some games to download in my download list is a ****in' nightmare. No search. All previously downloaded content is jumbled together. Can't sort/filter. etc. sucks ass.

It is just listed by purchased Date, never really bothered me as I tend to just stick to newer stuff.
Additionally if you know you already downloaded something, you do not have to do it from this list, you can just do it from it's main listing.

#18 compl3x

compl3x

OK. compl3x again.

Posted 12 October 2012 - 18:47

It is just listed by purchased Date, never really bothered me as I tend to just stick to newer stuff.
Additionally if you know you already downloaded something, you do not have to do it from this list, you can just do it from it's main listing.

Problem is it seems to change the purchase date if you've activated the content a 2nd time. I installed a bigger HDD in my 1st PS3 and needed to redownload a lot of my content (I couldn't do a back-up because apparently PS3s aren't compatible with USB 3.0 HDDs, and I don't have any 2.0) So some older content is mixed with newer content. All of those 6kb files you download to turn a trial into a full game are all over the list.

It would just be easier to sort and filter. Filter out demos, avatars and themes, for example. Or go by name or size. I have peak an doff-peak times with my ISP and I'd like to download some of the bigger games during off peak times (2am-10am).

I don't know, I just think they could do a way better job.

#19 OP Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

Posted 12 October 2012 - 20:25

You can now search the download list with the new store.

#20 Billus

Billus

Neowinian Senior

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:04

Got the update today. Looks real good. It is quite a noticeable speed improvement to the previous store. Navigation is better but it feels and move exactly like Windows 8/ 360 Dashboard.

Overall, a very welcome update indeed.

Edit:

Launching from XMB does take a little longer. There are also new sound effects. One thing I can't figure out yet is where the PlayStation + Hub is. It's seems to have disappeared, for me anyway.

#21 AbandonedTrolley

AbandonedTrolley

Dexter Freak

Posted 17 October 2012 - 14:45

Got the update today. Looks real good. It is quite a noticeable speed improvement to the previous store. Navigation is better but it feels and move exactly like Windows 8/ 360 Dashboard.

Overall, a very welcome update indeed.

Edit:

Launching from XMB does take a little longer. There are also new sound effects. One thing I can't figure out yet is where the PlayStation + Hub is. It's seems to have disappeared, for me anyway.

Apparently PS+ is hidden away under Games?

I've not installed it yet as I'm in work, just going on what I've read on other boards.

#22 ichi

ichi

Akihabara Style

• Tech Issues Solved: 4

Posted 19 November 2012 - 19:07

Just got the update today (it's been some time since I logged in the store).

WTF is this crap? :cry:

There are some nice things like screenshots and trailers on the game details page, but navigation is awful. It wasn't that good before but now it's still not really much faster and you have to go through three pages of huge images just to get to the link to the full list, and then you get fewer results per page than before.

I don't care about what visual style they want to go with, but copying the navigation system of the XBox is a horrible idea. Right after installing the update, as soon as I saw the gray background with the monochrome store icon I had that feeling of something going really wrong :/

#23 OP Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

Posted 19 November 2012 - 19:48

It definitely needs work, I tweet @yosp about it on twitter every now and then and he says improvements are coming. One thing I do like is the new search, so far it has narrowed down the choices to what I need after 3-5 letters.

#24 shakey

shakey

It's soooooo Educational

Posted 19 November 2012 - 20:58

I like the design, but hate how much more effort everything takes.
PS+ is hidden. And now to get a free game, I have to go through about 5 additional screens of " Buy this for 0.00 " before I can even start downloading it.
They have a whole lot of work to do, because right now, the store is a complete chore.

#25 Boxster17

Boxster17

Porsche Enthusiast

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:03

While I definitely prefer the layout of stuff in the new one, it's a bit too slow at times and the amount of screens you see before you purchase something is a bit ridiculous (I don't remember seeing that many in the old store).

Also for those complaining about the download list, I do think they need to fix it but it's easier just to search for the games you know you have and want to download as you can just re-download them from the main storefront as others have mentioned.

#26 Nick H.

Nick H.

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 10

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:36

Sorry to bump a slightly aged thread, but I haven't had the time to really try the new store until over the weekend.

Good god. I don't like it. There appear to be a few people already who have mentioned the jumbled lists, but I also notice that it is a lot slower than the previous design, to the point where it is unresponsive. A friend was visiting and he noticed that I hit the O to back out of a page. Then I hit it again, and again, and again...it didn't seem to be doing anything, I was still on the page I was trying to back out of. Finally after a minute it said, "oh, you wanted me to take you back...ok."

And those lists...christ, I hope there is a way to change the view because the original view is terrible! Boxes here, boxes there...at least in the last design they were neatly lined up, and there weren't several different sections of "new" items.

If something doesn't change then I'm going to be avoiding the store whenever possible. It's a shame if that happens, because I've found some incredible indie titles on the store that were unavailable to get on a disc. :(

Anyone else having serious latency issues? It's not to do with my connection as I can play games without any issue. It's only the PS Store that suddenly slows to crawling speed.

#27 xSuRgEx

xSuRgEx

Neowinian Senior

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:15

Sorry to bump a slightly aged thread, but I haven't had the time to really try the new store until over the weekend.

Good god. I don't like it. There appear to be a few people already who have mentioned the jumbled lists, but I also notice that it is a lot slower than the previous design, to the point where it is unresponsive. A friend was visiting and he noticed that I hit the O to back out of a page. Then I hit it again, and again, and again...it didn't seem to be doing anything, I was still on the page I was trying to back out of. Finally after a minute it said, "oh, you wanted me to take you back...ok."

And those lists...christ, I hope there is a way to change the view because the original view is terrible! Boxes here, boxes there...at least in the last design they were neatly lined up, and there weren't several different sections of "new" items.

If something doesn't change then I'm going to be avoiding the store whenever possible. It's a shame if that happens, because I've found some incredible indie titles on the store that were unavailable to get on a disc. :(

Anyone else having serious latency issues? It's not to do with my connection as I can play games without any issue. It's only the PS Store that suddenly slows to crawling speed.

its laggy, clunky and there are huge banners promoting psn+ that take up almost 1/4 of the screen. Ive got psn+ i dont need to be constantly informed about the discounts it offers. please sony sort this shambles out.
oh and why do some games/items only show up when you use "search" but they dont show up when your looking for add-ons for said game's

#28 ichi

ichi

Akihabara Style

• Tech Issues Solved: 4

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:17

Yes it crawls.

A couple of days ago it decided to stay there stuck loading something when I was trying to get in the Plus section. Pushing buttons only seemed to randomly raise a bar at the bottom of the screen with some info about button shorcuts or whatever that didn't help at all (later I found out that going in Games and then to Plus seems to work better that going straight to Plus from the top menu).

This thing is a pain to navigate by design, and then it's also frigging slow :hmmm:

#29 shakey

shakey

It's soooooo Educational

Posted 27 December 2012 - 15:44

It seems the only good this update to the store did was actually put all DLC for a game under that game itself, so looking for DLC is at least easier... everything else though, not so lol.

#30 compl3x

compl3x

OK. compl3x again.

Posted 27 December 2012 - 19:34

Yep. Performace is miserable.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!