'Oldboy' Remake Set Photos Appear

Josh Brolin on the set of his new film Oldboy on Monday (October 8) in New Orleans, La.

The 44-year-old actor plays an everyday man who has only five days and limited resources to discover why he was imprisoned in a nondescript room for 15 years without any explanation.

The Spike Lee-directed film also stars Elizabeth Olsen and Samuel L. Jackson and is expected to be released sometime in 2013.

adxjw5Ml.jpg adbBBZyE.jpg abi2PbRg.jpg abysg54a.jpg adlmunfb.jpg adu7XCxW.jpg

Wow, It's based on a S. Korean film of the same name directed by Chan-wook Park, which you can watch on netflix.

Curious if the ending is going to be as twisted / dark as the original.

Wow, It's based on a S. Korean film of the same name directed by Chan-wook Park, which you can watch on netflix.

Curious if the ending is going to be as twisted / dark as the original.

Of course it wont. This is going to be a horrible film. You shouldn't remake a great movie like OldBoy, especially so soon. It's just wrong.

• Like 3

Of course it wont. This is going to be a horrible film. You shouldn't remake a great movie like OldBoy, especially so soon. It's just wrong.

Why not? The twist itself isn't that dark for Hollywood.

And it's not like there was a lot of the sex shown in the original too so Hollywood doesn't even need to be worried about that part either.

Why not? The twist itself isn't that dark for Hollywood.

And it's not like there was a lot of the sex shown in the original too so Hollywood doesn't even need to be worried about that part either.

Not dark?

The father learns that he ****ed his daughter. The daughter is being held captive, with the evidence of their incest just in arms reach. The father, not wanting to harm the innocence of the daughter, cuts his tongue out, then has himself hypnotised so that he wont even know it's his daughter, and continues to live with her as a lover......

Not only that, but the raw emotion in that scene is just as epic as it can get. You get to see this guy, who went from being a drunk to being a bad ass, just grovel at the feet of the man he wanted vengence on. You see him twist in pain and emotional agony, and the roller coaster of highs and lows.

Honestly, I haven't seen an American movie that has put that kind of feeling in me. Choi Min-Sik is one of the best actors of this time. All the movies he acts in, are just excellent.

We had a Bollywood (Hindi) remake of the same a few years back, the story was nearly word to word of the original barring the incest angle (Indian audiences couldn't gulp that down).

The Indian film insipte of being a copy of such an iconic Korean film was not half as good as the original.

zinda5P.jpg

The Indian film had some kick ass music though!

We had a Bollywood (Hindi) remake of the same a few years back, the story was nearly word to word of the original barring the incest angle (Indian audiences couldn't gulp that down).

The Indian film insipte of being a copy of such an iconic Korean film was not half as good as the original.

zinda5P.jpg

The Indian film had some kick ass music though!

That remake is what makes me fear any others. It even had a matrix "blue" hue through out the entire movie. And the scenes at the end were just horrible. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :p

using the same title is a bad idea because of the familiarity & comparisons with the original. plus spike lee directing this type of movie will be interesting. I'm not a fan of remakes done by hollywood e.g.godzilla, the departed, the grudge and other asian horror films come to mind.

using the same title is a bad idea because of the familiarity & comparisons with the original. plus spike lee directing this type of movie will be interesting. I'm not a fan of remakes done by hollywood e.g.godzilla, the departed, the grudge and other asian horror films comes to mind.

I agree, they should have come up with their own title.

Also, you didn't like The Departed? I thought it was a very fine film, and a great interpitation of the original tale.

Well it was a good

I agree, they should have come up with their own title.

Also, you didn't like The Departed? I thought it was a very fine film, and a great interpitation of the original tale.

Well it was a good movie, the thing was I already saw the original and knew what was going to happen. It just wasn't the same. =/

Well it was a good movie, the thing was I already saw the original and knew what was going to happen. It just wasn't the same. =/

yea, I had seen the original as well, and I prefer the original, but Departed is still a really fun take.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...