Photo

My screen keeps on going black while playing games?

screen black games card

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 OP IC3S0UL

IC3S0UL

Neowinian

Posted 13 October 2012 - 17:31

If it doesn't crash with furmark (try running it more than once though, it could just be luck that it didn't crash) it's less likely that the GPU is the problem but it could still be an hardware issue. Try downgrading the video drivers and see if anything changes. Also, does it happen on all games or just League of Legends?

I would say all games that would use a big amount of power? Like I can play mini games or small games with no problem but once it gets up to like league of legends or games that uses more power it crashes.
Recently until now I had the previous video drivers. Still crashed with the previous one.
I'll run furmark 2 more times and see what happens.

#17 simplezz

simplezz

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 8

Posted 13 October 2012 - 17:51

memtest86

#18 OP IC3S0UL

IC3S0UL

Neowinian

Posted 13 October 2012 - 17:52

memtest86

What does it actually do?
Tests the memory?

#19 simplezz

simplezz

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 8

Posted 13 October 2012 - 17:56

What does it actually do?
Tests the memory?

It tests your ram. It's always a good idea to check your ram every so often if you're experiencing crashes or freezes.

Burn the iso to a cd, then select it as the boot device. From there it will check your ram. It might take some time though. It's also usually included in Linux live cd's if you have any lying around.

#20 OP IC3S0UL

IC3S0UL

Neowinian

Posted 13 October 2012 - 18:40

It tests your ram. It's always a good idea to check your ram every so often if you're experiencing crashes or freezes.

Burn the iso to a cd, then select it as the boot device. From there it will check your ram. It might take some time though. It's also usually included in Linux live cd's if you have any lying around.

Alright thx, I'll try it when I'll have time.

#21 francescob

francescob

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:32

It could be that it is your PSU failing or your motherboard having issues but it's better if you first try putting your CPU and GPU under stress to verify that is still not an issue caused by drivers. Try running prime95 on all cores and furmark at the same time and see the monitor turns off again. Also disable the automatic reboot after a BSOD and use the reliability monitor to see how the crashes are identified (windows not shut down properly or windows encountered an error).

#22 OP IC3S0UL

IC3S0UL

Neowinian

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:55

It could be that it is your PSU failing or your motherboard having issues but it's better if you first try putting your CPU and GPU under stress to verify that is still not an issue caused by drivers. Try running prime95 on all cores and furmark at the same time and see the monitor turns off again. Also disable the automatic reboot after a BSOD and use the reliability monitor to see how the crashes are identified (windows not shut down properly or windows encountered an error).

I'll try running both at same time , as for the crashes, pc starts up by saying Windows not shut down properly

#23 roguekiller23231

roguekiller23231

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:53

i dont know why no one has mentioned it before, but it sounds like the graphics drivers are crashing, the screen going blank or into a power saving/standby mode is usually a sign that the drivers have crashed and are recovering.

update your drivers for your graphics card and see if it fix's the problem, go to the Nvidia site and download the drivers for your card and version of windows.