Where are the touch screen?

We are a couple of weeks away from the public release of Windows 8 and I'm wondering why I still can't buy a nice Touch screen LCD at the store... I'm not talking about all-in-one PC, just a LCD.

Not that I want to have my arm extended to my LCD all the time, but it would be nice to have anyway. Because really, navigating the Start Screen with a mouse is not ideal.

Is the desktop really dead?

We are a couple of weeks away from the public release of Windows 8 and I'm wondering why I still can't buy a nice Touch screen LCD at the store... I'm not talking about all-in-one PC, just a LCD.

Not that I want to have my arm extended to my LCD all the time, but it would be nice to have anyway. Because really, navigating the Start Screen with a mouse is not ideal.

Is the desktop really dead?

Start screen with a mouse works just fine, I know you aren't asking about that, but the comment "is not ideal" simply isn't true.

In fact, the start screen works great with a standard mouse or touchpad, the fact that it is touch friendly makes it easier to use on a touch screen only system like a tablet or convertible. But having use it on a touch screen tablet, it works fine either way.

Start screen with a mouse works just fine, I know you aren't asking about that, but the comment "is not ideal" simply isn't true.

In fact, the start screen works great with a standard mouse or touchpad, the fact that it is touch friendly makes it easier to use on a touch screen only system like a tablet or convertible. But having use it on a touch screen tablet, it works fine either way.

I'm gonna take a wild guess here and say that "most" Metro Apps will probably rely on touch a great deal, or make the apps easier to use. Would be nice to have an LCD that could tilt and use almost like a big tablet.

But hey, if you enjoy your mouse and touchpad, be my guess. I'd still prefer a touch screen.