Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:55

Just found this on Reddit: http://www.reddit.co...ose_process_in/

Got myself a few free games!

#2 trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

• 6,685 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:18

Thanks. I got Dead Space 2 and Bulletstorm. I'm curious to know if they're going to actually let us keep these games once they've realized what's happened or outright ban people who used the code.

#3 Perfect72

Perfect72

Neowinian Senior

• 2,168 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:31

trag3dy, I would expect you of all people to remember what ArenaNet did when they had a major exploit, in GW2. Now, this is EA, and dealing with real cash. (They won't blame themselves.)

Just stick with one game, and avoid the possible ban.
Snagged me Mirror's Edge.

#4 trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

• 6,685 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:38

Not a huge deal if they do ban accounts. I just won't ever buy an EA branded game again. And I buy a lot of EA branded games.

I perhaps did get a little greedy taking 2 games, but I already owned 1 of them anyways. The people on reddit that are going through and getting every game they possible can though, I can see them getting banned.

#5 Perfect72

Perfect72

Neowinian Senior

• 2,168 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:03

Just had a chat with an EA representative. It is a punishable offense to use it multiple times. Be careful!

Posted Image

#6 trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

• 6,685 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:06

Well it's been going for almost 24 hours according to that reddit thread and no one has reported they have gotten banned. Not that that means anything.

That screen shot says they will "punish for that". But not ban. It will be interesting to see how it plays out. :rofl:

#7 Perfect72

Perfect72

Neowinian Senior

• 2,168 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:10

We probably won't know for awhile. They may just fix it and ignore it, or ban accounts. Time will tell. Just trying to look out for people using this though. :)
Could always contact a rep. yourself and ask to have one of the games removed. Though, I doubt they would worry about someone using it to get two games. It will be the major abusers I would assume that get the worst of what could possibly come.

#8 trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

• 6,685 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:12

And to be fair it's their fault for releasing a code that is not restricted to 1 use per account, instead of IP/browser cookies. That is really strange to me. Not that I'm trying to defend anyone using it dozens of times. But I've never seen a promo code that could be used more than once per account before.

#9 Astra.Xtreme

Astra.Xtreme

Electrical Engineer

• 8,020 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:17

They won't ban people that use the code multiple times. It's EA's fault that they aren't smart enough to figure a way to limit it to one per person.
And if they did ban people, it would lose them a huge amount of people that likely won't buy any more of their crap.

At most, they will delete all the games from your account that you used the code with.

#10 Perfect72

Perfect72

Neowinian Senior

• 2,168 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:17

I don't disagree there, it is there fault. But the same argument always goes. (Just like what ArenaNet said.)
If you find an exploit, report it, don't abuse it. That is what any company will say. But of course, most users will exploit the hell out of a bug, knowing they probably shouldn't.

#11 francescob

francescob

Neowinian Senior

• 1,762 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:23

Origin: we destroy worlds!

#12 JaredFrost

JaredFrost

Neowinian

• 1,341 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:24

I'm not sure if they'll ban for it, when they're trying so hard to push Origin as an online vendor, now, they might remove the extra games and leave the first one purchased, that would be the better course.

But this is EA we're talking about, so they'll probably do something so mind bogglingly stupid, and it's stupid for people to argue with
them about it, everyone knew you should only do one, the people that did more than one likely don't give a crap if they get banned
either way anyway.

#13 trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

• 6,685 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:38

I emailed them and asked to have Dead Space 2 removed from my account as I already own it. Not sure why I was thinking I needed another copy anyways. :rofl:

I would be quite unhappy, to say the least, if they decide to ban my account because I was a little to eager with their ill-thought out promo code. I've got roughly $400 worth of games on my account.

#14 Muhammad Farrukh

Muhammad Farrukh

The End is Nigh

• 7,621 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:42

US/Canada only?
Again?
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

#15 ArialBlue

ArialBlue

var lulz;

• 1,768 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:53

Knowing EA, you will be perma banned.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!