gaming overrated stupid article

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#46 AngelGraves13

AngelGraves13

Neowinian

• 314 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 00:04

Skyrim isn't overrated. It is a fantastic game with excellent community support. The community is what is keeping it alive.

Overrated games are Call of Duty, Halo, Gears of War, and so on.

#47 +Majesticmerc

Majesticmerc

Resident Idealist

• 6,137 posts
  • Phone: HTC One X

Posted 15 October 2012 - 00:41

10:CoD3 - Medal of Honor AA Clone / BF1942 Clone
9:CoDMW1 - BF2 Clone
8:CoDWorld At War - Medal of Honor EA Clone
7:CoDMW2 - Refer to MW1
6:CoDMW2 DLC - content already on disc
5:CoDBlack Ops - GoldenEye 007 story based then refer to MW1
4:CoDBlack Ops Zombies - Oh wow.....zombies....original...
3:CoDMW3 - Refer to MW1 with worse graphics somehow.
2:CoDMW3 DLC - More useless DLC
1:CoDBlack Ops 2 - BF2142 clone

While I don't agree with what you say, I'll defend to the death your right to say it. Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare was a good game. It brought a much needed reboot to the flagging CoD brand. Any of the newer games I can't comment on since I haven't played them, but as a BF2 and CoD:MW1 owner, I'd have to question if you even played either game if you think they're the same game.

#48 Earthworm_Jim

Earthworm_Jim

GROOVY_!

• 7,121 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:23

Bullcrap.

including sonic and GoldenEye on there makes this author seem retarded.

sonice 2,3 were the most fun i ever had playing single when i was growing up... and golden eye was the BEST memory i have of same console multiplayer along with Mario Cart!!!!

#49 moloko

moloko

Neowinian Senior

• 2,702 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:35

NO way is sonic over rated. It was one of the GAMES of the time and is now a classic.!!

#50 Simon-

Simon-

Neowinian Senior

• 10,724 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:14

Relax fellas, it is just a stupid list to be provocative so he can raise advertising $$$$ from clicks.

#51 Colicab

Colicab

DGDesign

• 4,186 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:14

Can someone add L.A.Noire to this, god that was a stinker

#52 Zain Adeel

Zain Adeel

Zain

• 3,541 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:46

L.A Noire was pretty good! Id love to see that technology used more.

And no ..
AC is not Overrated! Have you played ACII? They put in a lot of work in that game! First game about history that I actually liked! (I stay away from sword fighting games)

#53 dead.cell

dead.cell

My Body My Temple

• 10,317 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5 Active

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:53

Skyrim isn't overrated. It is a fantastic game with excellent community support. The community is what is keeping it alive.

Overrated games are Call of Duty, Halo, Gears of War, and so on.

Despite all the things wrong with Skyrim, people still like it a lot, especially in that you can tailor the game to how you want to play, and remove or modify the things that bother you. And it's not like people pretend the game is flawless either, hell there's enough parodies on the 'net to acknowledge all of them. It's just the game really is one of a kind, compared to what all else is out there really. Something many developers haven't seemed to have been able to replicate successfully.

The GTA series being "overrated" is a bit silly too. They don't crap out their games, each one is constantly pushing the developers and the genre itself to new heights. You don't have to like the story to really appreciate that effort. Hell, I don't like Niko at all for example, but I played the crap out of the game start to finish, DLC and all just because the gameplay was such quality. I'm not even that big of a fan of the series either, as I didn't even touch the latest game until a year or so after it was out and $20 on Steam, playing it on a crappy AMD Athlon X2 with a crappy 20-25ish frame rate and all hahahah.

I saw a couple mentions of BF3, but that I do not understand either. If anything, BF3 has been rather underrated, constantly attacked, and so forth for not being the arcade-style FPS type that CoD has become. It's not perfect at all, but man... the multiplayer does come off a lot better I think. Solid graphics and animations, coupled with tight controls while being able to be played with decent frames per second, and encouraging team play... I just love that so much, as someone who's played the crap out of Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory. Classes with designated roles, the roles not feeling like too big of a drag, getting XP for doing your job... makes for quite a different way to play entirely.

And as already noted: Goldeneye 007 was just the FPS of its time. Halo was another more modern success at having a great console FPS. Yes, there were better options on PC, but for console players? That was HUGE. Of course, as we've seen, Nintendo trying to cash in on the Goldeneye name doesn't really work by today's standards when we have many great options to choose from now... :p

#54 Warboy

Warboy

The Doctor

• 417 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:09

While I don't agree with what you say, I'll defend to the death your right to say it. Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare was a good game. It brought a much needed reboot to the flagging CoD brand. Any of the newer games I can't comment on since I haven't played them, but as a BF2 and CoD:MW1 owner, I'd have to question if you even played either game if you think they're the same game.

yes ive played both, and MW1 isnt high on that list for a reason.

it did rip from BF2, smaller maps and newer graphics and a headline for news single player, just like every MW after it.

I find mp on mw1 more enjoyable then its "successors" but all of them are extremely over-rated.

#55 OP Muhammad Farrukh

Muhammad Farrukh

The End is Nigh

• 7,621 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:53

Did you even play those games that you claim are "Overrated"?. Some of the Final Fantasy games "could be" overrated. FFVII definitely wasn't overrated. I would know as i played it over and over and over. After FFX i got bored of the rest of the series. i wanted to retire being an ff gamer after that. The music is awesome(FFVII-FFX)

Ahh.... sorry if you didn't knew, but I ain't the author of the article

#56 coresx

coresx

Neowinian

• 1,414 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:10

Halo by FAR. I want to punch people who claim Halo invented the FPS.

I think it popularised FPS on consoles. There was Goldeneye and Timesplitters paving the way but Halo just nailed the standards and really launched FPS on consoles and the genre has never looked back. While it may not be everyones cup of tea you can't deny the sanbox achievement and standards it brought. A lot more important than people give it credit for. Something even on the side, Bungie.net, that was way ahead of the rest and free.

#57 +GreenMartian

GreenMartian

Neowinian Senior

• 1,777 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:28

Some of the Final Fantasy games "could be" overrated. FFVII definitely wasn't overrated. I would know as i played it over and over and over. After FFX i got bored of the rest of the series. i wanted to retire being an ff gamer after that. The music is awesome(FFVII-FFX)

Ask anyone who played I to VI. VII *is* overrated :p

#58 Blackhearted

Blackhearted

• 3,240 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S2 (VM)

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:33

The final fantasy entry needs to be changed to specifically say 7. As if there's an overrated FF game, it's that one. Also, the list seems to be missing half-life, the most overrated pc series in the history of gaming. Atleast it got halo right, though. That game has always been utter crap and not worthy of the praise the console kids who are bad at real shooters give it.

#59 LaP

LaP

Forget about it

• 5,927 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 18:39

Gears of War would definately top my list.

It was an okay game. Nothing more nothing less.

#60 LaP

LaP

Forget about it

• 5,927 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 18:50

The only Elder Scrolls game that deserves a spot on an 'overrated' list is Morrowind, and will always be Morrowind.

It's not that great. :p

Morrowind was great with tons of mods.

But yeah the original game without any mod was kind of an average game at best.