World's cheapest car coming to the U.S.A.

^Forget it, I'm gettin' the Bradley:

bradley-4.jpg

:p

not street legal because of the tracks. You ever see a tank turn on a road? It tears it to pieces. Now you can get an armored troop carrier that uses wheels. TPZ Fuchs I believe it is called.

Best PR I seen all year..

kyH8m.jpg

People are not going to buy those things here. We have an obsession with our cars.

I said the same thing when SmartCars were being rumored to coming to the US.

I'm still surprised at how often I see them on the road :/

I'd buy a cheapass car if I could trust its reliability...and the heater/AC worked.

I'd never drive it in icy conditions so being hit by a truck would not be an issue, and it being enclosed it'd be a lot more use to me than a motorcycle 2/3 of the year.

(Couldn't drive it with snow around either I'm sure, but its been a pretty weak winter around here most of the last ten years.)

In an ideal world all cars would be like this. We shouldn't be wasting resources anymore.

Signed: Someone who craves for a 69 Mustang

As opposed to a nation that has to pay to bring in their oil and has greater than HALF the price of fuel (ALL fuel - including diesel fuel) eaten by the bureaucracy - in short, the price in Europe is where it is basically by government fiat (as opposed to by Fiat S.p.A). There are HOW many refineries physically located within the UK?

Envious much?

8. Which on a size for size basis, is in the same region as a single state in the US (Obviously the oil rich ones have a lot more but you get the idea?).

To be fair, regardless of where I lived, I wouldn't buy one unless I lived in a city (that I also worked in). I wouldn't dare to take one out on an A-road or motorway.

I'd buy a cheapass car if I could trust its reliability...and the heater/AC worked.

I'd never drive it in icy conditions so being hit by a truck would not be an issue, and it being enclosed it'd be a lot more use to me than a motorcycle 2/3 of the year.

(Couldn't drive it with snow around either I'm sure, but its been a pretty weak winter around here most of the last ten years.)

Because we all know trucks never, ever, ever can hit a car unless it's snowing or icy out.

I live in MN, not Texas. We don't have the drunken idiots with trucks problem.

Nobody said just drunks. What, a truck can never have a reckless, or distracted, or sleepy driver ?? You claim that since you don't drive in icy conditions, there's no worry about getting hit by a truck. Hate to tell you, but a driver is a driver...regardless what they're controlling (or attempting to control) and they're out there 24/7/365.

I think the car will sell a little. It it gets great gas mileage will see it in metro areas bit time. I think the smart car is way over priced but the are all over in the DC area.

Depends on what part of the US you are in, but cars like the Smart car/Fiat 500/Toyota iQ/etc are rare in my area.

Nobody said just drunks. What, a truck can never have a reckless, or distracted, or sleepy driver ?? You claim that since you don't drive in icy conditions, there's no worry about getting hit by a truck. Hate to tell you, but a driver is a driver...regardless what they're controlling (or attempting to control) and they're out there 24/7/365.

Sure they can. And I can be alert enough to avoid them.

Maybe you didn't get the memo, but trucks are much less of a thing up here.

Plus, most of my driving is on rural roads/highways and on off hours. There'd have to be cars about in the first place for them to hit me.

not street legal because of the tracks. You ever see a tank turn on a road? It tears it to pieces. Now you can get an armored troop carrier that uses wheels. TPZ Fuchs I believe it is called.

Depends on where you are.. in most of the west you can infact legally own and drive tanks on the road.. In most of those places you need to have rubber mats applied to the tracks though to keep from destroying the road.

Anyone remember the Pink Tank that used too (still does?) drive around London ?

That truck would fall apart on impact.

You'd need a Dodge:

blacksrt10.jpg

:p

Ugly car, would not touch it.

Never had a ford fall apart on me...dodge on the other hand, do you want a free dodge, I will leave the keys in it with 1000 bux...don't let it be found. it only has engine problems, exhaust problems, transmission problems and door problems, it has about 60000 miles on the clock. if I could burn the bitch to the ground I would.

And it's exactly that attitude which makes the US the most wasteful country on the planet in terms of natural resources.

Once we have consumed all of the resources you will not have to worry about them being wasted anymore.

Not sure why you'd spend $10k on a car that is clearly worth far less.

Try about $15k for a Toyota Yaris. At least it's a real car and won't fall over when some kid rides their bike into it.

Depends on where you are.. in most of the west you can infact legally own and drive tanks on the road.. In most of those places you need to have rubber mats applied to the tracks though to keep from destroying the road.

Your right. You have to modify it to work.

Without obtaining a special permit to do so, no. The only tracked vehicles which are permitted to operate on public roads (and these are normally limited to surface roads) are vehicles which use rubber band tracks - steel tracks will tear up asphalt, especially when turning a tracked vehicle. For this reason, obtaining such a permit is highly unlikely.

Your right. You have to modify it to work.

Without obtaining a special permit to do so, no. The only tracked vehicles which are permitted to operate on public roads (and these are normally limited to surface roads) are vehicles which use rubber band tracks - steel tracks will tear up asphalt, especially when turning a tracked vehicle. For this reason, obtaining such a permit is highly unlikely.

If you put the rubber pads on the tracks, it's actually easy to drive it legal.. at least in many places..

Different states in the US have their own laws regarding it, as do other countries.. but most of what I've seen on them is there is little too it, some places don't even require any special permits or anything, it just needs to have pass a normal inspection like any other car/truck, where they make sure it has proper running lights, and the padded tracks.. after that it's just another "car"..

Without the rubber, it's true, most places flat out ban them, or require permits.. Even in the US, military tanks/apc's that leave bases generally have the rubber pads, or get on a the back of flatbed..

As opposed to a nation that has to pay to bring in their oil and has greater than HALF the price of fuel (ALL fuel - including diesel fuel) eaten by the bureaucracy - in short, the price in Europe is where it is basically by government fiat (as opposed to by Fiat S.p.A). There are HOW many refineries physically located within the UK?

Envious much?

There's no reasoning with him, based on what I've seen him post he HATES America and troll every post that has anything to do with the US, we're all better off ignoring the troll really