Paranormal Activity 5 is a go!

Paramount is set to continue the Paranormal Activity franchise with a new installment. The studio has planned for a Halloween 2013 release date for the franchise's fifth installment, reports Deadline.

Paranormal Activity 4 was just released on October 19, topping the US box office.

The series debuted its first film in 2009, followed by a prequel in 2010 and Paranormal Activity 3 in 2011.

Paranormal Activity follows a family who has been haunted by a demon for many years.

Katie Featherston, the franchise's protagonist, told Digital Spy that she still finds Paranormal Activity scary.

"I definitely get surprised because we filmed so much, and it's so fluid and it's so improvisation, that we never know going into it, what's going to make the final cut. So when you watch it for the first time, it is a surprise and it's fun to see what actually makes it, and it's definitely scary," she said. "I jumped a number of times watching [Paranormal Activity 4] for the first time."

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/news/a432292/paranormal-activity-5-set-for-halloween-2013-release.html

STOP IT, HOLLYWOOD! STOP. IT!!!!!! We don't wanna see Paranormal Activity 43 when Katie haunts a retirement home.

Hollywood will stop it when people will stop paying to watch the serie.

PA4 was number 1 here this weekend. That's why PA5 will see the light of the day.

Hollywood doesn't take decision. The market is. It's all about money. The day people pay to see movies like We need to talk about Kevin we gonna see more of those.

i actually find it interesting that this is a series of prequels. they arent the best horror movies out there, but theyre entertaining. plus, as others have said, Hollywood wouldnt make them if they didnt make money.

1 and 2 were really good. 3 was really bad. 4 was slightly better and left me with enough curiosity to want to see what happens next. I want more jumpy scenes though.

There seems to be a lot to the story line to keep going with it, unlike the Saw series where it was clearly dragged out as long as possible. I think they should keep going with the series until it gets stale.

• 5 weeks later...
The once-a-year announcement continues to be entirely unsurprising, but here it is anyway... Following the success of this year's Paranormal Activity 4, Hallowe'en 2013 will see Paranormal Activity 5 making sudden loud noises in your local multiplex.

There are no details yet, other than the release date of October 25 2013, so it's unclear if the directors of the last two instalments, Henry Joost and Ariel Schulman (who also made the excellent Catfish) will be returning for a third time. Their two Paranormals introduced some new story threads that are still dangling, however, so it may be that they want to stay for at least one more stint to tie those up.

Source