Want the new Facebook Messages UI?

P0bIj.png

I have worked out how to trick Facebook into giving you the new messages UI!

Simply ask the person who already has the new UI to send you a few photos..

That's it!... wait a few minutes and BOOM! new Facebook messages Interface!

Enjoy! You guys heard it here first!

I just refreshed and it has changed here in England and also someone in Bulgaria refreshed at the same time and has it also.

Not liking the fact the messages are not central on the screen anymore.

I never realised that was new? i'm sure my messages UI has looked like that since early this year.

[. . .]

Not liking the fact the messages are not central on the screen anymore.

Do you mean the content of the messages? That's central on my screen. The list of threads is down the left side, the ads are down the right side, and the content of the selected thread is in the centre.

What's new? I have seen this UI for a while. Not being a smart a$$- seriously, that's the same things I've seen for some time. Maybe because I'm in the USA?

They've been testing it (giving it to a small number of users) for at least a couple of months. Facebook often give a small number of users a feature a few months before everyone else gets it, so they can test how those users use the new feature and so they can improve and refine it.

I never realised that was new? i'm sure my messages UI has looked like that since early this year.

The exact same design, with the threads listed down the left side and the content of the selected thread in the middle? I know they've been testing it for a few months, but I'm not sure whether they've been doing so since early this year (although that is possible). The previous design looks very similar; the main difference is that the content of the selected message wasn't shown along with the list of threads, in the previous design.

The exact same design, with the threads listed down the left side and the content of the selected thread in the middle?

Yup! at a guess i would say around March / April this year? i could be mistaken with it been that early, however mine has certainly looked like that for many months now.

Excuse the mess i made of it, but you get the idea:

fb.jpg

Yup! at a guess i would say around March / April this year? i could be mistaken with it been that early, however mine has certainly looked like that for many months now.

Excuse the mess i made of it, but you get the idea:

[. . .]

Thanks for letting me know :) It's cool to know that they've been testing it with users for that long. It's like the upcoming possible Timeline redesign?they've been testing that with users since at least May, but it has yet to make an appearance, in its final form, for us all.

Do you mean the content of the messages? That's central on my screen. The list of threads is down the left side, the ads are down the right side, and the content of the selected thread is in the centre.

Yes the content of the messages, mine looks like the screen shot of the OP, however on the left i have about 3 inches of white space like on the right hand side of the OP post, this makes the message content off set to the right by 3 inches which i find annoying.

Now if i make my browser window smaller i can remove the space on each side, but that doesnt help my issue.