Office 2013 install...2010 still showing up in Updates

Question

I uninstalled Office 2010 and installed 2013 Pro Plus under Win 8 Pro. Restarted the PC and when Windows Update runs it shows a number of items related to Office 2010 (security updates for individual apps, Office 2010 SP1, etc.). Anyone else experiencing this or know what is going & why my system thinks 2010 is still there?

11 answers to this question

PC has been restarted...and as for completely removing 2010, I don't see anything left in Program Files related to the old version...only folders there are for Office 15 (2013).

I'm stumped as to where the system is "finding" 2010 and thinking it's still installed.

Yeah sexy, just uninstall and restart that machine of yours...rawr i bet you can fit all that ram in there...oooh yeah

lol

just ignore the update and move forward

-anyone knows how to get copy of windows 8 pro-

I'm stumped as to where the system is "finding" 2010 and thinking it's still installed.

That is odd...have you tried running some form of reg cleaning program pickle?

Yeah, I've hidden all the Office 2010 related updates, and the system is working fine - just wondering what is causing this.

I'll download the latest ccleaner and see if there's something in the registry...good suggestion...thanks.