• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#46 +devHead

devHead

Get Off The Bandwagon, Put Down The Handbook

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 521

Posted 06 November 2012 - 14:11

So I recently bought an iPad 3 and while I am pleased with it to an extent I am however having a feeling that I should of waited and bought a Surface instead.
So should I return the iPad and buy a Surface or keep it?

Yes. Get rid of your overpriced Apple product and get the Surface. You'll likely be happier and more productive. And save some money. It's a win-win!

#47 aL Doom

aL Doom

Neowinian

Posted 06 November 2012 - 14:33

/Lurker mode off

I'll throw my 2 cents. Do the number of apps even matter for day to day use? On my G. Nexus, I only have a handful of apps that I use day to day and a game or 2 to play when I am bored. Sure having a greater variety is nice, but at the end of the day you will only be using a handful. In the end, the essential apps will make its way to the Windows Store.

In the end of the day you have to ask yourself what I am going to use the tablet for. If you are going to play games on it, then the iPad is your bet. Browsing and reading is probably another iPad specialty thanks to its high dpi screen. But being productive is something definitely suited for Surface. Personally, I am buying the Surface since a breath of fresh air. I just hope a proper MKV player gets released for it soon :)

#48 Javik

Javik

Beware the tyrrany of those that wield power

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 06 November 2012 - 14:39

In terms of basic functionality there's little between them, but at the moment the quality of apps available for the iPad far surpasses the quality of apps available for the surface, so it all depends on your needs.

#49 Osiris

Osiris

Neowinian God!

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Nokia 930

Posted 06 November 2012 - 15:00

I had a pretty extensive hands on with the surface just before launch and I also own an ipad3 and in my opinion I don't think theres much between them for basic use, eg web browsing, bit of music emails etc. Where the surface excels for me is in two areas 1) multitasking, snap apps and being able to split the screen and work on any two things at once is great, eg skyping will composing an email etc. Whilst there may be apps for that on iOS this is out of the box and with pretty much any apps which is a big advantage imo. 2) office, if you do editing or playing around with office and need a mobile solution the touch cover+surface is superior to any ipad solution.

Despite the above I still own the ipad but will be moving to win8 when supply of the Asus or Sammy atom tablets proliferates later in the month as I require proper digitiser and inking to get the most out of the move (a sad and unfortunate feature left off surface and seemingly any OEM RT device).

#50 myxomatosis

myxomatosis

Shrinking Universe

Posted 07 November 2012 - 00:17

If everyone thought like that then no platform would succeed in the marketplace.

I'm glad that I don't think like that and actually bought a Microsoft Surface, why, because if no one buys Surface then apps won't be developed for it.

I understand what you say but you know, I'm not buying a tablet to please Microsoft or Apple, I buy a tablet to work and for entertainment ;) I don't have time to waste, I need apps now, not in 8 months

#51 OP wivelden

wivelden

Neowinian

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:10

Anyone want to buy an ipad? :D

#52 68k

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:19

Depends on what you use it for. If it's just for email, web browsing, eBay and other basic tasks, there won't be much difference between both. At the end of the day, it comes down to the apps. Both platforms have their advantages and disadvantages. I prefer Android because of it's openness and compatibility.

#53 moloko

moloko

Neowinian Senior

Posted 18 December 2012 - 15:08

I like the ipad and would stick with it. When the new one comes (i have the ipad2 now) I will get that. Hopefully that is in 6 months. 16Gb is not enough and I want a 32GB when new one comes out.