"Add Features" Missing - Windows 8 Pro VLK

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Zoom7000

Zoom7000

The Ankle Breaker

• Phone: iPhone 4

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:26

I managed to get a free product key for Media Center yesterday as Microsoft is offering them for free at the moment. However, I don't have the "Add Features" tool available in Settings on my copy of Windows 8 Pro which I got from VLSC and hence I'm unable to install Media Center. It seems that anyone using a VLK is affected as I've seen by other comments on Microsoft's Social Forums.

Has anyone here experienced the same problem, or found a fix?

#2 shifts

shifts

Neowinian

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:55

Have you activated he copy of Windows 8, seems to be only available when that's done

#3 Eric

Eric

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 12

Posted 28 October 2012 - 13:13

I don't think the volume licensing version has the ability to add new feature keys. That's likely supposed to be managed by your IT department with group policies.

#4 Leofiresign31

Leofiresign31

Resident One Post Wonder

Posted 07 December 2012 - 16:30

Are there any follow up's to this issue? I am the IT Department at my company and......wait for it....I am the admin. So, why is this, "add features," option stripped out? That's not cool. Any updates would be greatly appreciated.

#5 majortom1981

majortom1981

The crazy one

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 07 December 2012 - 16:33

Are there any follow up's to this issue? I am the IT Department at my company and......wait for it....I am the admin. So, why is this, "add features," option stripped out? That's not cool. Any updates would be greatly appreciated.

They feel IT departments do not need media center. No update . Still need to have the regular version

#6 Yazoo

Yazoo

Just a regular guy

Posted 07 December 2012 - 16:35

I had to buy the retail upgrade to use the MC key. Enterprise version of Win8 does not support MC.

#7 Shane Nokes

Shane Nokes

Neowinian Senior

Posted 07 December 2012 - 16:36

It's because it changes the actual license key for the OS. If you're an IT guy you should know what that means for VLK situations. ;)

#8 Arkos Reed

Arkos Reed

The Slayer of Gods

Posted 07 December 2012 - 16:38

You need a FFP or OEM version to install MC