The official Windows 8 "Hate" thread

I feel one of these is more neccesary than a love thread.

Today, I tried out a new Sony VAIO convertible laptop SVD1121Q2E

Intel Core i5 3317U 1.7 gHZ

4 GB RAM

128 GB SSD

Intel HD Graphics 4000

Windows 8 x64

For the record the min requirments are

1 GHz

2 GB RAM

20 GB space

DirectX 9

So, the hardware is pretty much OK I guess. This is my first "natural" Windows 8 expirence (Ive tried it out on a VM and on a PC with only keyboard/mouse)

It was at the lockscreen and it was beautiful (the picture they put I guess). A employee unblocked it for me and I played around. I went directly to the desktop just to toy around with it and saw it was OK but Ive seen it before so I went to the Start Screen. It felt OK, knowing it was a touchscreen, of course. I opened something valled I think VAIO SmartPaint. Started drawing and it was OK. I mean in general everything was OK but it was just that: OK. Nothing intresting. I went back to the desktop and I couldnt believe it:

"Memory is low"

Memory is low??? The last time I saw that was what 1998? Because I drew with my fingers "Drawing on Windows 8 is great"?? And Memory low?

I didnt say it about ME because ME was stable on my PC. I didnt say it for Vista because Vista was stable on my PC. But I have, and have never had this happen to me in all the versions Ive tried from 1985 till now, a very bad feeling about Windows 8...

Vertict: Its pretty, its "magical" but no: It fails for powerusers and the general public (general public didnt understand when they were explained. Not only that, but a employee actually asked me how I snapped a Metro app next to the desktop!)

They failed to setup a page file for the demo modal ?

Also lol @ power user ive been hearing that a lot lately from people who just learned what regedit is from "windows 7 manager" IMO if you don't have your own active directory + group policy's your not a power user of Windows.

They failed to setup a page file for the demo modal ?

Since when do you need to setup a page file in Windows?

Also lol @ power user ive been hearing that a lot lately from people who just learned what regedit is from "windows 7 manager" IMO if you don't have your own active directory + group policy's your not a power user of Windows.

No, you are only a power user if you have a CCIE :rolleyes:

Since when do you need to setup a page file in Windows?

When its disabled by Unattend.xml like in windows embedded, or set to a low value when they made the image. Why else would windows display the running low on memory message if adequate virtual memory were availible ?

I feel one of these is more neccesary than a love thread.

Today, I tried out a new Sony VAIO convertible laptop SVD1121Q2E

Intel Core i5 3317U 1.7 gHZ

4 GB RAM

128 GB SSD

Intel HD Graphics 4000

Windows 8 x64

For the record the min requirments are

1 GHz

2 GB RAM

20 GB space

DirectX 9

So, the hardware is pretty much OK I guess. This is my first "natural" Windows 8 expirence (Ive tried it out on a VM and on a PC with only keyboard/mouse)

It was at the lockscreen and it was beautiful (the picture they put I guess). A employee unblocked it for me and I played around. I went directly to the desktop just to toy around with it and saw it was OK but Ive seen it before so I went to the Start Screen. It felt OK, knowing it was a touchscreen, of course. I opened something valled I think VAIO SmartPaint. Started drawing and it was OK. I mean in general everything was OK but it was just that: OK. Nothing intresting. I went back to the desktop and I couldnt believe it:

"Memory is low"

Memory is low??? The last time I saw that was what 1998? Because I drew with my fingers "Drawing on Windows 8 is great"?? And Memory low?

I didnt say it about ME because ME was stable on my PC. I didnt say it for Vista because Vista was stable on my PC. But I have, and have never had this happen to me in all the versions Ive tried from 1985 till now, a very bad feeling about Windows 8...

Vertict: Its pretty, its "magical" but no: It fails for powerusers and the general public (general public didnt understand when they were explained. Not only that, but a employee actually asked me how I snapped a Metro app next to the desktop!)

Obviously their store image is faulty. Do you honestly think that Windows 8 would ship with a bug like that?

One experience with a PC that who knows how it's been configured is enough to put you off from Windows 8? Looks like you're looking for a reason to dislike it.

Obviously their store image is faulty. Do you honestly think that Windows 8 would ship with a bug like that?

One experience with a PC that who knows how it's been configured is enough to put you off from Windows 8? Looks like you're looking for a reason to dislike it.

I never said I was put off by it. Like I said Ive tried it on three different machines: VM, installed and this "native" machine with it preinstalled.

It runs FINE on 2GB ram. Fix the whatever trash hardware/3rd party software you have.

And you call yourself a poweruser? roflmao.

Did you even read the OP? It wasnt on my PC :rolleyes:

What makes this the "Official" thread? I've seen dozens of anti-Windows 8 threads on Neowin.

Well, this way Windows 8 threads dont derail into flamewars and all the bad things about Windows 8 can be put here :)

This thread violates the Board Rules. specifically:

No Racism, Threatening, No Victimization or Hateful Posts / Retaliation

There are plenty of other threads to discuss your hatred towards Windows 8. We don't need an "Official" hate thread.

[Thread Closed]

• Like 2