Photo

Buying a X360 : Is it still worth it?

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 +TruckWEB

TruckWEB

Neowinian Senior

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:49

Simple question, is it still worth it to buy an Xbox 360? It's mainly for casual play, small games, some racing sim, nothing that breaks the brain.

They sell a package right now $249 with 250Gb, Forza 4 and Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim, 1 month of XBL.

And, what would be a good, realistic racing sim? Any suggestion?

#2 fehu

fehu

Neowinian

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:52

Yes, if you don't care about full hd texture, is the best gaming solution out in the market
If you have the space give a try to kinect too

#3 HawkMan

HawkMan

Badass Viking

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 03 November 2012 - 13:31

Simple question, is it still worth it to buy an Xbox 360? It's mainly for casual play, small games, some racing sim, nothing that breaks the brain.

They sell a package right now $249 with 250Gb, Forza 4 and Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim, 1 month of XBL.

And, what would be a good, realistic racing sim? Any suggestion?

A good realistic racing sim? Forza 4 is included in the package, it's pretty much the best there is at this point.

And yeah, still very much worth it. Also Forza Horizons for slightly less realistic and more fun and csual

#4 @Leo

@Leo

Under Derp Patrol

• Phone: iPhone 4S

Posted 03 November 2012 - 13:40

A good realistic racing sim? Forza 4 is included in the package, it's pretty much the best there is at this point.

And yeah, still very much worth it. Also Forza Horizons for slightly less realistic and more fun and csual

I rotflmao-d at Forza being described as "realistic racing sim". :laugh: Oh wait, this is a console derpa derp thread, my bad.

#5 Enron

Enron

Windows for Workgroups

• Phone: Nokia Lumia 900

Posted 03 November 2012 - 13:43

Oh wait, this is a console derpa derp thread, my bad.

What part gave it away?

#6 HawkMan

HawkMan

Badass Viking

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 03 November 2012 - 14:05

I rotflmao-d at Forza being described as "realistic racing sim". :laugh: Oh wait, this is a console derpa derp thread, my bad.

What does being on a console have to do with it. Stop being a troll. Get a wheel and try out Forza instead of talking about a game you haven't even tried.

You know if you can stand seeping on a console :rolleyes:

It doesn't matter what medium a game is on p, only the quality of the game matters, and Forza is pretty much the cream of the crop on racing sims atm.

#7 @Leo

@Leo

Under Derp Patrol

• Phone: iPhone 4S

Posted 03 November 2012 - 14:55

FYI, even I have a console, albeit it being a PS3, and there has not been a single console racing game that can compete with the simulators on PC. Not Forza, not Turismo. I have driven Forza, I have driven Turismo. The don't compare. "cream of the crop" :laugh: And Halo is "cream of the crop" of shooters. :laugh: And Mass Effect 3 is "cream of the crop" of RPGs. :laugh:

#8 Jason S.

Jason S.

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 4

Posted 03 November 2012 - 15:00

imo, at this point, you should just find a cheaper used/refurb unit somewhere

#9 Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

Posted 03 November 2012 - 15:33

FYI, even I have a console, albeit it being a PS3, and there has not been a single console racing game that can compete with the simulators on PC. Not Forza, not Turismo. I have driven Forza, I have driven Turismo. The don't compare. "cream of the crop" :laugh: And Halo is "cream of the crop" of shooters. :laugh: And Mass Effect 3 is "cream of the crop" of RPGs. :laugh:

Best for each platform.

Forza is best for 360, GT5 is best for PS3, "insert your racing sim for PC" is best for PC.

Not really much point in arguing against them in a topic where the guys wanting to buy a 360, not a PC or PS3. As for the original question, yes. I'd wait for black friday deals as well.

#10 OP +TruckWEB

TruckWEB

Neowinian Senior

Posted 04 November 2012 - 23:36

Thanks, I got one!! Downloading skyrim at the moment. Got Forza Horizon with it.

#11 notuptome2004

notuptome2004

Neowinian Senior

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:18

Thanks, I got one!! Downloading skyrim at the moment. Got Forza Horizon with it.

The Wii U is out in 14 days and is Next gen system kinda pointless at this time to get a 360 but seems you already got one now . some good games coming to the Wii U on launch + ad the fact it will be True full HD native 1080p 60 FPS for the vast majority of games on the system 3rd party games anyways 120hz tot if you count the Wii U gamepad touch screen and running games with friends on both screens separate from each other

Also notice your computers in your Sig all of them would play skyrim better and make it look better also then on the 360

#12 LUTZIFER

LUTZIFER

Resident Evil

• Phone: Google Nexus 4

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:26

Oh for sure, best system out there... till the next xbox comes out anyways.

#13 notuptome2004

notuptome2004

Neowinian Senior

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:32

Oh for sure, best system out there... till the next xbox comes out anyways.

the next Xbox will not be much over what the Wii U is in terms of specifications the Wii U GPU for example currently siad to be a 6760 AMD GPU the CPU is slower clocked then the current systems but a customer newer architecture based CPU so i really doubt the next Xbox will be much stronger and even if it is Developer have the Added benefit of thew Wii U Gamepad that every current Developer Loves the hek out of and keeps finding new things it can do for them

Anyways the next Xbox is a year away or more who knows and the Wii U is well here Now well 14 days

#14 spy beef

spy beef

Neowinian Senior

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:33

You can play your "back-ups" now that the RGH hack is available for all versions of the console. Also, the Lord of the Hacks is coming out allowing you play your "back-ups" on Xbox Live with getting banned. So it's still well worth if you like to play "back-ups".

#15 OP +TruckWEB

TruckWEB

Neowinian Senior

Posted 05 November 2012 - 15:34

The Wii U is out in 14 days and is Next gen system kinda pointless at this time to get a 360 but seems you already got one now . some good games coming to the Wii U on launch + ad the fact it will be True full HD native 1080p 60 FPS for the vast majority of games on the system 3rd party games anyways 120hz tot if you count the Wii U gamepad touch screen and running games with friends on both screens separate from each other

Also notice your computers in your Sig all of them would play skyrim better and make it look better also then on the 360

I had a Nintendo Wii, but the selection of games was not as broad was what is available on the Xbox 360. And I'm afraid it's going to be more of the same with the Wii U. And if I wanted to play with a tablet controler, I'd play with my iPad/Nexus7.... The Wii U will probably cost more than the current Xbox 360.

As for my PC, yeah, it may be powerfull enough, but it's not connected to my 60" HDTV and it's not in the same room....

I played with Forza Horizon and the gfx looks good enough for me, quite immersive on the big screen. Fun racing game.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!