how to get rid of windows 7 ultimate

I have windows 7 ultimate installed in C:\ HP laptop.

sometimes ( not always) after login I get black screen with mouse pointer active.....but no desktop.

This is very much irritating. I have checked Google ....many people also have found similar problem ....some has suggested system restore etc etc....but no concrete solution

you know I was quite happy with Windows XP edition . Is it possible to put Windows XP back and remove Windows 7 ultimate from C:\

I'm worried if this OS change deletes my other files in C:\ .

Can you suggest a solution ?

Get a Windows 7 disk, and perform a clean install minus OEM crapware, and updated drivers. I'd almost guarantee the issue is being caused by something the OEM installed rather than the OS.

• Like 2

just re-install windows 7 it is most likely a driver issue but yea install windows 7 again or upgrade and try windows 8 on the system ther should be no reason for you to go back to windows XP since it is no longer supported

• Like 1

These days a lot of OEMs (particularly with laptops) won't even provide XP drivers if your computer shipped with 7, so hunting down working drivers for XP could prove to be tricky.

Problem with new hardware is that it sometimes doesn't support Windows XP. Check to see if all the drivers you need are available for XP, or you might end up with bigger problems than you have now!