Lumia 920 available for preorder on ATT Premier

How much would it cost is the cancelling of the 2 year contract to get the Lumia 920 with 2 year contract?

How much would it cost is the cancelling of the 2 year contract to get the Lumia 920 with 2 year contract?

It would be the cost of the ETF ($375 - $10 for every month of contract used) plus then the cost of the device ($99) for a new 2 year contract.

So let's say you are 8 month's into a 2 year contract on an iPhone 4S. That would be a $375 ETF but since you are 8 months in that is $80 off so the ETF would be $295. Then the cost of the phone would be $99 + taxes plus a new 2 year contract. All in you are talking about ~ $450 to get the Lumia 920 on Friday based on this scenario.

The 4G of AT&T's Lumia 920 won't work on most of T-mobile's network. They are currently refarming it to be compatible with AT&T's frequencies, but I wouldn't count too much on that at this point. Also BlendedFrog is wrong about the starting price of the ETF. It is $325 and not $375.

Also it is my understanding that if you break your existing contract by paying the ETF, you cannot get a new line on AT&T using the same phone number. You can freely port that phone number to Verizon or T-mobile though. I may be wrong though.

Okay because you can buy the phone without a contract for $450. But I was thinking if I can get the phone for $300 then it would be worth it. I guess the HTC 8X will be my next phone.

The 4G of AT&T's Lumia 920 won't work on most of T-mobile's network. They are currently refarming it to be compatible with AT&T's frequencies, but I wouldn't count too much on that at this point. Also BlendedFrog is wrong about the starting price of the ETF. It is $325 and not $375.

$325/375....I was close. The 920 is a penta band phone....that has GSM 1800 which is the same as TMO 3G so if you get an unlocked one then you should be able to get 3G service without any issues. You won't be getting LTE though.

$325/375....I was close. The 920 is a penta band phone....that has GSM 1800 which is the same as TMO 3G so if you get an unlocked one then you should be able to get 3G service without any issues. You won't be getting LTE though.

For getting 3G on T-mobile (pre-refarming), you need access to both 1700 and 2100. Yes, the Lumia 920 that were given to BUILD seem to have support for both of those frequencies. The one sold by AT&T though, most likely doesn't. One needs to be careful since there seem to be multiple variations of the phone out there.

Okay because you can buy the phone without a contract for $450. But I was thinking if I can get the phone for $300 then it would be worth it. I guess the HTC 8X will be my next phone.

How is the 8X a better deal? Also, if you don't mind losing your current number, and you are already 1 year into your current contract, then yes, your cost for the Lumia 920 will be roughly $300.

$99 (phone) + $325 (early termination fee) - $10 x months of service paid (deduction made for each month paid) + current month's bill

So, $425 + month of service if done immediately, which likely includes some form of upgrade/new service fee (around $36 unless waived).

http://forums.att.co...ly/td-p/3061063

That is going to be cheaper than spending $600 + the cost of the wireless charger.

Anyone who ordered go and check the status on it. I had a confirmed order through ATT with a ship/arrive date of 11/9. It has now been changed to backordered with no known arrival date. WTF!!!!