Windows 8 Start Screen is horrible

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
74 replies to this topic

#16 Colin McGregor

Colin McGregor

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Samsung Ativ S WP8

Posted 10 November 2012 - 15:01

This can't rest. If the people who are ****ed off just let it go then Microsoft will continue to package this **** and some day it'll be unavoidable.

Good. I hope they never bring back the start button. Its useless and slow. Everything is so much easier with start screen and I have access to everything 10x faster. I hope they don't go back to the old slow way just to please some crybabies that are either unwilling or incapable of learning.

#17 fixxxer2014

fixxxer2014

A1 poster

Posted 10 November 2012 - 15:04

YES i bought w8. if it werent for start8, bypassing modern and the cheap $40 upgrade fee i would of passed on this operating system. the only plus ive seen soo far is its faster than w7. also flash sucks on w8.

#18 Scorbing

Scorbing

Halo Master

• Phone: Galaxy Note 2

Posted 10 November 2012 - 15:05

If you dont like the metro theme like myself just install Start8. I dont see what the complaint is really about tbh as anything you dont like there is always a way to change it via 3rd party apps. "But we shouldnt need to buy or even get 3rd party apps!" Everyone is different and everyone likes different things, you just can not please everyone with one design its a fact. Anyway im going to watch some tv, this post is pointless.

Yeah but see, that's exactly the point my friend. Why should we have to spend $$$ to buy a 3rd party application to get the original Start Menu back, or be able to change the background wallpaper on that new, stupid, ugly interface, when Microsoft could have very easily added those options to the OS by default instead of forcing the user to get a 3rd party alternative because they felt those things were not needed?

That is typical Apple attitude if you ask me. "We are selling you an OS but you must use it like we give it to you. You have no right to change it in any way, shape or form."

Bullsh....t

#19 OP seta-san

seta-san

Neowinian Senior

Posted 10 November 2012 - 15:07

If you dont like the metro theme like myself just install Start8. I dont see what the complaint is really about tbh as anything you dont like there is always a way to change it via 3rd party apps. "But we shouldnt need to buy or even get 3rd party apps!" Everyone is different and everyone likes different things, you just can not please everyone with one design its a fact. Anyway im going to watch some tv, this post is pointless.

that's funny because I'm pretty sure that NO ONE had a complaint about windows 7 except for completely Linux or mac fan boy reasons. I'm not a mac or Linux person. I'm a windows person and I enjoyed Windows ME more than this.

Yeah but see, that's exactly the point my friend. Why should we have to spend $$$ to buy a 3rd party application to get the original Start Menu back, or be able to change the background wallpaper on that new, stupid, ugly interface, when Microsoft could have very easily added those options to the OS by default instead of forcing the user to get a 3rd party alternative because they felt those things were not needed?

That is typical Apple attitude if you ask me. "We are selling you an OS but you must use it like we give it to you. You have no right to change it in any way, shape or form."

Bullsh....t

but that's fine on a Mac because the Mac actually has good design.

#20 Scorbing

Scorbing

Halo Master

• Phone: Galaxy Note 2

Posted 10 November 2012 - 15:07

Good. I hope they never bring back the start button. Its useless and slow. Everything is so much easier with start screen and I have access to everything 10x faster. I hope they don't go back to the old slow way just to please some crybabies that are either unwilling or incapable of learning.

I have been VERY tempted to recall my Windows 7 Acronis image back. I swear, if I get one more Explorer error crash on this new Windows, it will be gone from my PC so fast it won't be funny. I never had a single issue on my Windows 7...None....And yes, I have the latest and greatest up-to-date drivers, for those wondering.

#21 siah1214

siah1214

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 10 November 2012 - 15:08

Welcome to 6 months ago, your time for ****ing and moaning was then. Thanks for rehashing what the small group of haters and whiners has been bitching about since CP came out.

Let me sum up the conversation for you.
Start screen is great, and it's not going away, learn to love it. Start screen sucks and it's the end of Microsoft. It will destroy computing as you know it. If you don't like it, use Start8/classic shell/etc. etc. Rage rage rage. Love love love. Hate hate hate. Flame flame flame.
Repeat ad nauseum til Windows 9 comes out.

Now can we please stop with these stupid threads?

#22 Asrokhel

Asrokhel

Neowinian

• OS: Windows 8 Pro x64 (testing to see if I keep it or go back to Windows 7)

Posted 10 November 2012 - 15:09

My grandma uses Win8 with ease

Prove it!

#23 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Galaxy Note 3 with Galaxy Gear

Posted 10 November 2012 - 15:12

Even my three-legged dog can use Windows 8 with ease. Apparently you can teach an old dog new tricks.

#24 Max Norris

Max Norris

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 17
  • Phone: HTC One (Home) Lumia 1020 (Work)

Posted 10 November 2012 - 15:13

that's funny because I'm pretty sure that NO ONE had a complaint about windows 7 except for completely Linux or mac fan boy reasons.

Erm there's a fair number of people who are of the "you can pry XP out of my cold, dead hands" mindset because they feel 7 is too dumbed down, missing features, etc. Even the start menu. (No, I'm not one of them.)

but that's fine on a Mac because the Mac actually has good design.

That's just personal preference. I have a Hackintosh that I use on occasion, definitely not a fan of the OSX interface/design.

At the end of the day, you just can't please everyone. No matter what you do, somebody's going to bitch about the changes regardless of how trivial it was or on what operating system it is. Welcome to reality.

Heh I wish. Same recycled rants over and over, nothing new except the topic number.

#25 OP seta-san

seta-san

Neowinian Senior

Posted 10 November 2012 - 15:13

Welcome to 6 months ago, your time for ****ing and moaning was then. Thanks for rehashing what the small group of haters and whiners has been bitching about since CP came out.

Let me sum up the conversation for you.
Start screen is great, and it's not going away, learn to love it. Start screen sucks and it's the end of Microsoft. It will destroy computing as you know it. If you don't like it, use Start8/classic shell/etc. etc. Rage rage rage. Love love love. Hate hate hate. Flame flame flame.
Repeat ad nauseum til Windows 9 comes out.

yeah. i never tried the CP. In the threads where people complained before i thought they were simply complaining about beta software or they were the type that refused to try to adapt. I didn't know that this was actually fundamentally ****ed out of the box. I didn't think it would actually be bad or cause me aggravation.

#26 vcfan

vcfan

Doing the Humpty Dance

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 10 November 2012 - 15:14

some guy makes a thread about metro

same guys comment saying the same thing that's already been said in the other 10000000000000 same threads

rinse

repeat

#27 Crimson Rain

Crimson Rain

Neowinian

• Phone: Lumia 1020 Yellow

Posted 10 November 2012 - 15:19

Deal with it <insert cool glass gif here> cause it is gonna stay this way regardless of your whining.

#28 NgLife

NgLife

Neowinian

Posted 10 November 2012 - 15:21

windows 7 is still the better :)

#29 Gaara sama

Gaara sama

Neowinian

Posted 10 November 2012 - 15:21

Yeah i dont like it at all anyway Obama 2016 baby

#30 Asrokhel

Asrokhel

Neowinian

• OS: Windows 8 Pro x64 (testing to see if I keep it or go back to Windows 7)

Posted 10 November 2012 - 15:27

Yeah i dont like it at all anyway Obama 2016 baby

Won't happen, he can only have two terms.