Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Question

Posted

Tom's hardware have got their[url="http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/core-i7-3970x-sandy-bridge-e-benchmark,review-32564.html"] hands on a i7-3970x[/url]

[quote][color=#3C3B3B][font=Verdana, Tahoma,]Unfortunately, at least in our suite of tests, the extra infusion of performance isn

3 answers to this question

Posted

Intel has gone stupid in the head. They could rake in pure gold from enthusiast and other crazy people's systems by renewing the whole LGA2011 line with Ivies. Instead they've pushed for the wretched SB-E with factory OC, for a lack of a better term.

Posted

I'm confused: shouldn't this be an Ivy Bridge CPU? Shouldn't the "3D transistors" of the microarchitecture (and the 22 nm manufacturing process) guarantee higher performances at a lower energy consumption? Hum....

Posted

My apologies, I was supposed to post a bit more but hit enter one too many times, ended up double posting and then got called away.

When I built this box back in April, the brief was to build a top of the range box, and the 3960X was the top of the range CPU, I was in the position at the time where I had
1 person likes this