In extreme pain

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 +Fractalizer

Fractalizer

Cupcakes!

• 1,423 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:24

OK so I chipped a tooth a while back and it didn't hurt but I don't have the money to go and get it fixed. And now all of a sudden it has decided it wants to hurt like a motherfu***r and I can't sleep, I can't do anything and the pain is nothing compared to me shattering my wrist, breaking my knee or breaking my nose and I am just about ready to roll into a ball on the floor from the pain and just wait to die it hurts that bad. I would gladly take being set on fire over this.

I have no idea what to do because its just gone 3:20 am here, I have taken enough pain killers that if I take anymore I will overdose and they are not working. I can't go to the hospital because I don't think they deal with this in England and I seriously don't know what to do.

I would have gotten it checked out but round here my old dentist closed down, no dentists are taking people on and I don't have the money for the emergency treatment so I am royaly ****ed if the pain doesn't stop soon.

I need some help ><

#2 zhangm

zhangm

Just bitter.

• 9,598 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:31

Sounds like it got infected. Do a walk-in at a dentist's office in the morning. They'll probably X-ray and confirm infection, then write a prescription for antibiotics. Take the antibiotics (couple hours to kick in) and keep the follow-up appointment.

In the meantime, cold water can numb the pain, but it only works on a timescale of seconds. Aspirin is ineffective.

By the way. Yeah. You know what you had or didn't have money for, and you have some idea of what you can and cannot do. You'd better revise that outlook by the time places start opening up in the morning, because the present issue was A). Preventable and ultimately less costly, and B). Not going to just go away now that it has developed beyond the preventable stage.

I've been there twice. Sucks.

#3 shozilla

shozilla

Neowinian Senior

• 6,605 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:34

Sounds like infection to me. Take antibiotics pills.

Oh Relativity beats me to it.

#4 OP +Fractalizer

Fractalizer

Cupcakes!

• 1,423 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:34

Sounds like it got infected. Do a walk-in at a dentist's office in the morning. They'll probably X-ray and confirm infection, then write a prescription for antibiotics. Take the antibiotics (couple hours to kick in) and keep the follow-up appointment.

In the meantime, cold water can numb the pain, but it only works on a timescale of seconds. Aspirin is ineffective.

I can't find any dentist that will open up on a Sunday morning. This is driving my crazy.

#5 zhangm

zhangm

Just bitter.

• 9,598 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:37

I can't find any dentist that will open up on a Sunday morning. This is driving my crazy.

If you can find a doctor to prescribe basic antibiotics, then do that.

#6 siah1214

siah1214

Neowinian Senior

• 1,966 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:39

There should be clinics open 7 days a week (at least they are in the US...don't know about the UK) that can prescribe antibiotics. Worse comes to worse go to the ER. If it is infection you don't want to mess around with it.

Basically, see a real Dr.
Dr. Neowin's hands are tied.

#7 OP +Fractalizer

Fractalizer

Cupcakes!

• 1,423 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:40

If you can find a doctor to prescribe basic antibiotics, then do that.

All doctor surgeries within like 30 miles are closed and I don't know any doctors > <.

I'm getting to the point where I am just gunna tear the tooth out with my needle nose plyers.

#8 remixedcat

remixedcat

meow!

• 10,072 posts
  • Phone: I use telepathy and cat meows to communicate

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:45

There should be clinics open 7 days a week (at least they are in the US...don't know about the UK) that can prescribe antibiotics. Worse comes to worse go to the ER. If it is infection you don't want to mess around with it.

Basically, see a real Dr.
Dr. Neowin's hands are tied.

MedExpress here has been awesome... I had the foot problem and they sent me to a doc that you normally have to wait months to see and I got an appt within a couple days! I got very good treatment. I also had a sinus infection they gave me good antibiotics for that worked good and fixed some of my skin issues as well. They had no issues with my insurance either.

#9 OP +Fractalizer

Fractalizer

Cupcakes!

• 1,423 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:50

Pain seems to have finally eased off a little. Should be able to make it to Monday. Where I can hopefully go into a dentist and beg them to remove the ****ing tooth before I tie a piece of fishing line around it and have a friend slam a door shut to pull it out ><.

Sometimes I think the NHS system is a little annoying here. You would think the hospital would have an emergency dentist for things like this ><.

#10 +-T-

-T-

Trapmaster

• 2,388 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:14

Did you try calling the NHS 24 helpline, there may have been services available that you were unaware of

#11 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:41

If the pain is that bad I would just go to the hospital emergency room.

#12 remixedcat

remixedcat

meow!

• 10,072 posts
  • Phone: I use telepathy and cat meows to communicate

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:17

All doctor surgeries within like 30 miles are closed and I don't know any doctors > <.

I'm getting to the point where I am just gunna tear the tooth out with my needle nose plyers.

if you are low income you can get waivers on that if you show proof of low income. this works for ER visits... my sis doesn't have insurance and they waived one of her hospital stays...

#13 linsook

linsook

Neowinian Senior

• 3,634 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:08

I would goto emergency if the pain is unberable and there are no dentists available. They perhaps can give you stronger pain killers and some antibiotics if there is an infection.

#14 ahhell

ahhell

Neowinian Senior

• 8,896 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:14

Rinse your mouth with warm salt water every half hour or so. Should help a bit...at least until you can get to a dentist.

#15 Andre S.

Andre S.

Asik

• 7,315 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:23

Don't do that! You'll just make it much worse. Try applying ice to the tooth, here are some other ideas: http://www.disabled-...ache-remedy.php

As others have said, go see a doctor ASAP.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!