920 is an amazing phone!

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#16 goodbytes

goodbytes

Just below average Joe

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 12 November 2012 - 16:15

Is it amazing enough to convert an iPhone 5 user like me who has a lot invested in apps? I like everything Windows 8 and the 920 does look super sweet. iOS just seems to be getting stale despite the amount of apps I've bought.

I'd personally hold out now that Ive has an input on the design of iOS. I agree it's become a bit stale but personally think it's all going to change, he is Apple's most powerful resource and i'm sure he'll deliver something amazing.

#17 SuperKid

SuperKid

Im no superman

• Phone: iPhone 6 Plus

Posted 12 November 2012 - 16:19

iOS is boring me and so is the iPhone so I may be looking at a 920 for my next phone or something.

#18 Lamp0

Lamp0

Neowinian Senior

Posted 12 November 2012 - 16:19

It's really impossible for anyone to answer this for you beyond what I've already said that its a pleasure to use, deeply integrated and hugely satisfying. iOS pales in comparison to how consistent, smooth and integrated wp8 is and android just doesn't have any consistency at all across its platform either. Android has some nifty card features, but I expect we will see those two.

It really comes down to what you want, and the 920 delivers for me.

I see. I certainly like the look of WP8 over ios or android.

Also another thing, how does the phone look and in feel in person?

#19 OP spudtrooper

spudtrooper

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Nokia 920

Posted 12 November 2012 - 16:31

I got the matte black, it looks and feels amazing. Screen is higher resolution than any other device I've seen, the weight and balance of the phone is amazing and its just big enough that it fits my hand and I can use my thumb to do everything. The colored 920's have a glossy finish, which i'm not too fond of.. wish they stuck with the finish that was on the 900s

#20 shakey

shakey

It's soooooo Educational

Posted 12 November 2012 - 16:36

The only thing I want from the Lumia that the S3 doesn't offer is that damn camera software!

#21 majortom1981

majortom1981

The crazy one

Posted 12 November 2012 - 16:38

You have to go to a store that has a demo unit yourself and try it. I like the weight of it. the phone is balanced in your hand. I have an iphone 4s and I feel its too light and thin. IF you have big hands you will like the look and feel.

#22 Drugar

Drugar

Neowinian

Posted 12 November 2012 - 16:44

I upgraded from the iPhone 4S to a red 920 and I will never look back! It is an absolutely gorgeous phone and simple to use. The social integration is amazing compared to Apple's offering. Even the simple act of downloading the free ringtone app and being able to get custom ringtones directly on the phone with no hassle and mess is what I missed so much using an iPhone. Even my buddy ordered one via the $49 Walmart special this weekend because he was so impressed with it compared to his iPhone. I can't wait to see what MS & Nokia pushes out in the coming months to make the phone even better. I highly recommend it to anyone that is looking to get one.

#23 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

Posted 12 November 2012 - 23:33

You guys keep talking and I'm going to get me one of those phones.

#24 MorganX

MorganX

MegaZilla™

• OS: Digita Storm Bolt, Windows 8.1 x64Ce Pro w/Media nter Pack/Core i7 4790K/16GB DDR3 1600/Samsung 850 Pro 256GB x 2 - Raid 0/Transcend M.2 256GB/ASRock Z97E-ITXac/GTX 970
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5 Active

Posted 12 November 2012 - 23:47

How is the beats audio? Mine will be here Wednesday.

#25 Perfect72

Perfect72

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 13 November 2012 - 00:02

It's not so much that it does things other smartphones don't (or can't) - although there are some very unique things that Nokia has done on the hardware front... but I would say its integration with services and social networking services is what sets it apart.

I ordered one, and I hope I didn't make a mistake. I have no use or interest in "social integration" as I don't bother with any of that. I mainly got it because I have an android phone, and I wanted to have another OS to play around on.

I am guessing I will have to "upgrade" to Windows 8 on a more permanent basis for PC integration as well... Not a big deal I guess, as long as there are ways to remove the unnecessary crap Microsoft loaded onto W8. I love the look of the OS on a phone or tablet, but not on the desktop.

But I really hope "social integration" isn't why this phone is being touted as amazing, otherwise it will be subpar next to my android phone. I have 14 days to try it out, so when it gets here I suppose I will find out myself.

#26 Josh_LosAltosHills

Josh_LosAltosHills

Neowinian

• Phone: Nexus 5. Waiting on New Nokia Phones

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:48

well I am really liking my 920. I was getting impatient with the late release date and was hours away from getting a S3. But I'm glad I waited and got it. My iPhone 5 was fine but this is a lot nicer. the sheer size felt a little odd but 3 days later its not an issue. I also got my wireless charger for free from my AT&T pre-order. Its on there now. A lot of people have had battery issue's and I was one of them. But today after a couple of days of letting it drain and charging it's starting to get better.

#27 badb0y

badb0y

Giacomo

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:54

My friend says 920 sucks rats-ass

#28 DR3AMxCATCHER

DR3AMxCATCHER

Conflict Will Arise But The Faithful Will Survive

• Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:56

Not sure if serious. Even my 900 is great coming from the iPhone 4.

#29 #Michael

#Michael

Neowinian Senior

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:19

Wow that is sure helpful. How about you actually give some thoughts on it and not just an insult. I could just say your friend sucks rats-ass but I won't :)

#30 Silver47

Silver47

Neowinian

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:15

For those in the EU/UK etc, It looks like Clove UK has listed the white Lumia 920 as going on sale tomorrow the 13th! Nothing yet for other colors, as for price it's 650Euros.

http://www.clove.co.uk/nokia-lumia-920

£520! They must be importing the thing at that price! Looking like it going to be the 8X for me