All You Need Is Kill (2014)

all_you_need_is_kill_book_cover_01-394x600.jpg

The story unfolds in a near future in which a hive-like alien race, called Mimics, have hit the Earth in an unrelenting assault, shredding great cities to rubble and leaving millions of human casualties in their wake. No army in the world can match the speed, brutality or seeming prescience of the weaponized Mimic fighters or their telepathic commanders. But now the world?s armies have joined forces for a last stand offensive against the alien horde, with no second chances.

Lt. Col. Bill Cage (Cruise) is an officer who has never seen a day of combat when he is unceremoniously demoted and then dropped?untrained and ill-equipped?into what amounts to little more than a suicide mission. Cage is killed within minutes, managing to take an Alpha down with him. But, impossibly, he awakens back at the beginning of the same hellish day, and is forced to fight and die again?and again. Direct physical contact with the alien has thrown him into a time loop?dooming him to live out the same brutal combat over and over.

But with each pass, Cage becomes tougher, smarter, and able to engage the Mimics with increasing skill, alongside Special Forces warrior Rita Vrataski (Blunt), who has lain waste to more Mimics than anyone on Earth. As Cage and Rita take the fight to the aliens, each repeated battle becomes an opportunity to find the key to annihilating the alien invaders and saving the Earth.

tom-cruise-all-you-need-is-kill.jpg

Interesting premise, but that shot of Tom Cruise in that suit just looks ridiculous.

yeah I laughed at it, looks out of place :rofl:

Bigger Version

381792_10151288804950808_450953057_n.jpg

wait, is it animated ? or action flick? cause man that looks like a F rated movie aka ****-up if real action.

anime would have been so much better = verry cool premise

I guess they couldn't use the armor from the ani e or manga or whatever this was originally as then the mega stars face would be obscured and he cold have just bee anyone. Or rather cgi inthis case.

He really is desperate for hero roles. Taking Jack Reacher was ridiculous.

Interesting premise on this film though. Sounds good.

Honestly, it sounds more annoying, especially with that ridiculous power suit. Just like the original Groundhog Day was annoying.

693965895.jpg

The first image of Tom Cruise in sci-fi action film All You Need Is Kill has appeared online.

The still shows Cruise's character, Lt. Col. Bill Cage, sprinting away from a fireball explosion while wearing a mechanical combat suit.

Based on the critically-acclaimed novel by Japanese author Hiroshi Sakurazaka, the movie sees Cruise's hero being forced to repeatedly fight (and die at the hands of) alien invaders known as "Mimics", after they trap him in a time loop.

The film also stars Emily Blunt as Special Forces operative Rita Vrataski - a renowned hero who is also trapped in her own loop - as well as Bill Paxton (Titanic), Charlotte Riley and Australian actor Christopher 'Kick' Gurry.

Directed by Doug Liman (The Bourne Identity) and shot largely in the UK at Leavesden Studios in Hertfordshire, All You Need Is Kill is due to be released on March 14, 2013.

Source

The book is pretty good but I have my doubts about the movie.

Also I can almost guarantee that Rappy has already made a thread about the movie but I haven't seen one and couldn't find one when I searched :p

Like many movies featuring Tom Cruise, there's a picture of Tom Cruise running away from something.

Bonus points for it being an explosion.

God damn it, I searched in The Media Room with "All You Need Kill" and it didn't show it.

topics merged

:)

• 2 weeks later...