Windows 8 and Neowin

Some people just refuse to accept that some IT folk like myself actually enjoy where Windows 8 is going. There are many advantages in Windows 8, you're never going to get with the Windows 9x line.

I can accept people like it, I'm divided myself personally. I think some things are great and others are very poor.

I think you in particular have a reputation for been a Windows 8 extremest, every time (seems like that to me) there's a post about Windows 8 on Neowin your either jumping to the defence or saying how amazing it is. I don't believe you do work for Microsoft, however you really should! I'm sure you could make good commission on Windows 8 sales :laugh:, no one can deny the passion is there!

It's starting to get like the linux community (just look for the "what happened to arch linux?" post) either you know how to use and modify the os or get sort of attacked by people that actually knows how to do it, change just the part of "know how to use the os" by "like metro interface" and see how similar they are...

It is getting bad. Look at the comments from people saying they hope MS patches Windows 8 to prevent programs like Start8 from working. It's pathetic.

The argument about Neowin being part of a viral marketing campaign and that the users are paid Microsoft employes is obviously dumb but I actually think they're completely right about some of the other Issues, Neowin does seem to have a much higher concentration of Microsoft shills than most other tech websites on the net. And it's pretty painful even for a guy like myself that's been almost primarily using Microsoft software for more than a decade.

It's starting to get like the linux community (just look for the "what happened to arch linux?" post) either you know how to use and modify the os or get sort of attacked by people that actually knows how to do it, change just the part of "know how to use the os" by "like metro interface" and see how similar they are...

This Sums up the reason why i sometimes feel i should not post a question on here, as Arceles says you post a question about something you dont know how to do and then get berated for being "stupid"

Windows 8 threads and news pieces receive the same vitriol that pretty much anything Apple related gets.

Apple iPhone User: I like my iPhone

Troll: You're a blind iSheep in the Cult of Steve!

Windows 8 User: I love how fast Windows 8 is.

Troll: YOU WORK FOR M$!!

You honestly don't even have to put down anything else. If you just like or even use something, you get labeled a fanboy.

As a user of both, I'm used to the crap from every end, and it doesn't bother me anymore.

• Like 2

Windows 8 threads and news pieces receive the same vitriol that pretty much anything Apple related gets.

Apple iPhone User: I like my iPhone

Troll: You're a blind iSheep in the Cult of Steve!

Windows 8 User: I love how fast Windows 8 is.

Troll: YOU WORK FOR M$!!

You honestly don't even have to put down anything else. If you just like or even use something, you get labeled a fanboy.

As a user of both, I'm used to the crap from every end, and it doesn't bother me anymore.

I doubt someone could've said it better (Y)

I can accept people like it, I'm divided myself personally. I think some things are great and others are very poor.

Same here. Overall (using Start8&Decor8), I prefer it to Windows 7.

YAY! Look everyone! I'm famous! Not sure why. I'm just a bloke from upstate NY, but I'M FAMOUS!

so you are basically a paid MS employee who is trolling here. shame MS.

let me just get my popcorn and soda ready for this one.

also Neowin was based as a Microsoft news site so not sure why people are surprised that there are Microsoft fans here. And I am certain there are current and previous Microsoft Employees on this forum (I mark myself on this as I am a previous employee)

• Like 3

so you are basically a paid MS employee who is trolling here. shame MS.

Wouldn't any MS employee be paid? Just sayin'.

Shame MS? What's it have to do with Microsoft. Are you saying that any MS employee should be banned from the site just because of where they work? What kind of prejudice bull **** is that?

Wouldn't any MS employee be paid? Just sayin'.

Shame MS? What's it have to do with Microsoft. Are you saying that any MS employee should be banned from the site just because of where they work? What kind of prejudice bull **** is that?

yes, but they should be neutral. They should be pusing false fact about windows 8

I went to the post on that forum again and there are still hardly any replies, so whatever the OP of that post over there thought to do clearly isn't working.

Would be interesting to find out though how many of the people aggressively promoting Windows 8 are also writing apps for the Store...

I'll admit to that.

I'll admit to that.

To be fair, I wasn't even talking about people like you. At least, I haven't noticed (or don't remember) you being overly aggressive or unreasonable with respect to Windows 8.

Name one MS employee here that posts, and name a false fact that they have "pused."

There are a few current MS folk, and then contract folk like myself that post here.

As regards 'false facts' that is an awesome oxymoron. I might just have to borrow that for the next set of lies I tell on here to distract you all...mwahahahaha.

For still1, the above is what is referred to as a joke...well...other than the part about there being a few of us on here.