windows 8 neowin

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
63 replies to this topic

#16 +warwagon

warwagon

Only you can prevent forest fires.

• 24,703 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 15:11

Well I hope Dot Matrix doesn't work for Microsoft. He wants to remove the right click context menus!

#17 Dot Matrix

Dot Matrix

Way past cool.

• 9,299 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 13 November 2012 - 15:19

Some people just refuse to accept that some IT folk like myself actually enjoy where Windows 8 is going. There are many advantages in Windows 8, you're never going to get with the Windows 9x line.

First and foremost, Windows isn't Linux. Many here make it out to be this nerd's plaything first, consumer OS second, but the truth is, it is a consumer OS. It's geared toward the consumer and workplace. The consumerization of IT has been pushing for changes like this for a long time now.

Huh, I didn't realise Dot Matrix worked for Microsoft. Of course, it changes absolutely nothing for me, but it's always interesting to learn some more about the guys around here. (Y)

Funny thing is, I don't. :laugh:

#18 Lord Method Man

Lord Method Man

Neowinian Senior

• 3,224 posts
  • Phone: HTC Titan

Posted 13 November 2012 - 15:22

Nothing new here. Regardless of the topic one of the most basic defense mechanisms is to assume anyone who doesn't subscribe to your ideology is "paid" by an opposition organization to post their thoughts rather than consider the fact that many people do not follow the same line of thinking as they do.

#19 Arceles

Arceles

Time Craymel

• 2,101 posts
  • OS: Win 7 Ultimate / Win 8.1 Pro (With Start Menu Start8, otherwise is UNUSABLE) / Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
  • Phone: XT890 Motorola RAZRi (x86 processor)

Posted 13 November 2012 - 15:24

Neowin is getting really bad reputation, they may be right, they may be not right... but something is sure, some "vibes" from neowin doesn't come as user ones... rather, as PR Firm ones, that's the main thing here, there is an external entity manipulating opinions here... oh money, what you can't actually do....

#20 Brandon C.

Brandon C.

IRC King

• 1,451 posts
  • Phone: SGSII R760

Posted 13 November 2012 - 15:25

Pretty funny, I might have to refresh that topic throughout the day to see what other conspiracies they have.

#21 Nick H.

Nick H.

Neowinian Senior

• 10,899 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 15:26

Funny thing is, I don't. :laugh:

Huh? But he said that you admitted it! And of course I'm going to believe some random post on a different forum over a member of the community that I have recognised for a while now, that's just common sense.

Oh well, I'll just forget that piece of "knowledge" then. (Y)

#22 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Starry

• 4,927 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 15:27

Neowin is getting really bad reputation, they may be right, they may be not right... but something is sure, some "vibes" from neowin doesn't come as user ones... rather, as PR Firm ones, that's the main thing here, there is an external entity manipulating opinions here... oh money, what you can't actually do....

I know people that occasionally swear I work for MS...joking of course, but still.

It's the 'I don't agree with you so you must be doing something wrong' bandwagon.

There are times I think people go overboard here, but it's ridiculous to assume everyone is getting paid for liking something different.

#23 Arceles

Arceles

Time Craymel

• 2,101 posts
  • OS: Win 7 Ultimate / Win 8.1 Pro (With Start Menu Start8, otherwise is UNUSABLE) / Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
  • Phone: XT890 Motorola RAZRi (x86 processor)

Posted 13 November 2012 - 15:33

I know people that occasionally swear I work for MS...joking of course, but still.

It's the 'I don't agree with you so you must be doing something wrong' bandwagon.

There are times I think people go overboard here, but it's ridiculous to assume everyone is getting paid for liking something different.

It's starting to get like the linux community (just look for the "what happened to arch linux?" post) either you know how to use and modify the os or get sort of attacked by people that actually knows how to do it, change just the part of "know how to use the os" by "like metro interface" and see how similar they are...

#24 jakem1

jakem1

Neowinian Senior

• 6,241 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 15:35

I see a lot of people here with the same ridiculous complaints every time someone says something positive about Windows 8.

#25 CJEric

CJEric

Neowinian Senior

• 2,125 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 15:41

Somehow I would expect Microsoft employees to act a bit more subtle.

Would be interesting to find out though how many of the people aggressively promoting Windows 8 are also writing apps for the Store...

#26 Detection

Detection

Detecting stuff...

• 8,369 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 15:41

YAY! Look everyone! I'm famous! Not sure why. I'm just a bloke from upstate NY, but I'M FAMOUS!

From this day forward, you shall only be referred to, as 'Bill'

#27 +InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter

Neowinian Senior

• 3,416 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Nexus running CyanogenMod 11

Posted 13 November 2012 - 15:51

Some people just refuse to accept that some IT folk like myself actually enjoy where Windows 8 is going. There are many advantages in Windows 8, you're never going to get with the Windows 9x line.

I can accept people like it, I'm divided myself personally. I think some things are great and others are very poor.

I think you in particular have a reputation for been a Windows 8 extremest, every time (seems like that to me) there's a post about Windows 8 on Neowin your either jumping to the defence or saying how amazing it is. I don't believe you do work for Microsoft, however you really should! I'm sure you could make good commission on Windows 8 sales :laugh:, no one can deny the passion is there!

#28 Asrokhel

Asrokhel

Neowinian

• 1,027 posts
  • OS: Windows 8 Pro x64 (testing to see if I keep it or go back to Windows 7)

Posted 13 November 2012 - 15:59

Too funny!

#29 Lord Method Man

Lord Method Man

Neowinian Senior

• 3,224 posts
  • Phone: HTC Titan

Posted 13 November 2012 - 16:02

It's starting to get like the linux community (just look for the "what happened to arch linux?" post) either you know how to use and modify the os or get sort of attacked by people that actually knows how to do it, change just the part of "know how to use the os" by "like metro interface" and see how similar they are...

It is getting bad. Look at the comments from people saying they hope MS patches Windows 8 to prevent programs like Start8 from working. It's pathetic.

#30 Javik

Javik

Beware the tyrrany of those that wield power

• 5,637 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 16:09

The argument about Neowin being part of a viral marketing campaign and that the users are paid Microsoft employes is obviously dumb but I actually think they're completely right about some of the other Issues, Neowin does seem to have a much higher concentration of Microsoft shills than most other tech websites on the net. And it's pretty painful even for a guy like myself that's been almost primarily using Microsoft software for more than a decade.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!