Windows 8 and Neowin

windows 8 neowin

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
63 replies to this topic

#46 Asrokhel

Asrokhel

Neowinian

• 1,027 posts
  • OS: Windows 8 Pro x64 (testing to see if I keep it or go back to Windows 7)

Posted 13 November 2012 - 16:42

I went to the post on that forum again and there are still hardly any replies, so whatever the OP of that post over there thought to do clearly isn't working.

#47 Lord Method Man

Lord Method Man

Neowinian Senior

• 3,735 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 1520

Posted 13 November 2012 - 16:43

yes, but they should be neutral. They should be pusing false fact about windows 8

Name one MS employee here that posts, and name a false fact that they have "pused."

#48 rfirth

rfirth

Software Engineer

• 4,187 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 620

Posted 13 November 2012 - 16:43

Would be interesting to find out though how many of the people aggressively promoting Windows 8 are also writing apps for the Store...

I'll admit to that.

#49 Deactivated.

Deactivated.

• 2,328 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 16:45

I'll admit to that.

To be fair, I wasn't even talking about people like you. At least, I haven't noticed (or don't remember) you being overly aggressive or unreasonable with respect to Windows 8.

#50 Shane Nokes

Shane Nokes

Neowinian Senior

• 2,243 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 16:47

Name one MS employee here that posts, and name a false fact that they have "pused."

There are a few current MS folk, and then contract folk like myself that post here.

As regards 'false facts' that is an awesome oxymoron. I might just have to borrow that for the next set of lies I tell on here to distract you all...mwahahahaha.

For still1, the above is what is referred to as a joke...well...other than the part about there being a few of us on here.

#51 ahhell

ahhell

Neowinian Senior

• 8,896 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 16:49

To be fair, I wasn't even talking about people like you. At least, I haven't noticed (or don't remember) you being overly aggressive or unreasonable with respect to Windows 8.

So you assume that because I'm sick of all the anti-Win8/Surface/MS bull **** on here and am vocal about it, you magically assume that I do it for some financial gain? Well, **** you too.

#52 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• 5,226 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 16:57

Well, **** you too.

hey do we really have to go there? it's bad enough already

(aside from which the mods are probably annoyed enough already)

#53 Deactivated.

Deactivated.

• 2,328 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 16:58

So you assume that because I'm sick of all the anti-Win8/Surface/MS bull **** on here and am vocal about it, you magically assume that I do it for some financial gain? Well, **** you too.

I guess I had that coming, huh? A good example of the aggressiveness I was talking about though. :hug:

#54 Shane Nokes

Shane Nokes

Neowinian Senior

• 2,243 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 17:03

I guess I had that coming, huh? A good example of the aggressiveness I was talking about though. :hug:

I'd rather that straightforward response than some of the passive/aggressive crap the other side tends to pull.

If you've got a problem, man up, spit it out, but be prepared for folks like ahhell and me to bite back.

This is one of the only scenarios where you'll see this kind of statement from me, but here goes (and this is not directed at just one person):

If you cannot handle someone having a different opinion than yours and responding to any thoughts you post...then keep them to yourself. The point of a forum is discussion. If you want to only discuss things with someone who will always agree with you...then talk to yourself, and leave us out of it. :p

#55 mkol

mkol

mkol

• 1,348 posts
  • Phone: Google Nexus 5 32gb

Posted 13 November 2012 - 17:05

^^^ See that's what I mean people just have a go at each other, lot more than they use to.

#56 Deactivated.

Deactivated.

• 2,328 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 17:07

I'd rather than straightforward response than some of the passive/aggressive crap the other side tends to pull.

If you've got a problem, man up, spit it out, but be prepared for folks like ahhell and me to bite back.

This is one of the only scenarios where you'll see this kind of statement from me, but here goes (and this is not directed at just one person):

If you cannot handle someone having a different opinion than yours and responding to any thoughts you post...then keep them to yourself. The point of a forum is discussion. If you want to only discuss things with someone who will always agree with you...then talk to yourself, and leave us out of it. :p

I see. So you'd rather have me swearing at you?

I've already said what I have to say. i'm wondering whether some of the heavily aggressive proponents of Windows 8 don't have a financial motive or are otherwise invested in Windows 8 in some other way than just being a user.

Notice that ahhell didn't actually answer my question.

#57 killmaster84

killmaster84

Neowins n00b

• 4,587 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 4

Posted 13 November 2012 - 17:08

Dis thread. Just because you like something that someone else doesn't shouldn't mean that you can flame them out. I enjoy Windows8 but you don't see me going into the Linux or OS X parts of neowin flaming people out that like that OS. And no I don't work for MS, I am a college student.

#58 Shane Nokes

Shane Nokes

Neowinian Senior

• 2,243 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 17:24

I see. So you'd rather have me swearing at you?

I've already said what I have to say. i'm wondering whether some of the heavily aggressive proponents of Windows 8 don't have a financial motive or are otherwise invested in Windows 8 in some other way than just being a user.

Notice that ahhell didn't actually answer my question.

I prefer direct confrontation as opposed to all the wishy-washy crap, yes.

Someone doesn't have to have a financial incentive to speak their mind. Using your logic then I have to wonder and question if you aren't someone being paid by a competitor to sow FUD within the group.

See how ridiculously stupid that is? Are there people here that work on projects at MS? Well duh, that's never really been hidden.

Are those people controlling sock puppets? Not very likely. It would be counter-productive.

If you want to talk to someone about their opinions and views, fine. Going the route you're suggesting is just paranoia on parade.

#59 Deactivated.

Deactivated.

• 2,328 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 17:54

Are there people here that work on projects at MS? Well duh, that's never really been hidden.

Are those people controlling sock puppets? Not very likely. It would be counter-productive.

That's not what I'm saying at all. I'm going at it from the other direction. If you're overly aggressive and won't let any criticism stand nor acknowledge any flaws about a product, I'm starting to wonder where that kind of bias comes from and if you have some hidden agenda (or are just deluded). The same when it's the other way around by the way, and you're just spouting hate. I mean, I have bias too (I use a Mac for God's sake). Even though I try, you can be certain that I'm not being objective about Windows 8, but I at least try to look at it from more than one perspective and acknowledge both things that are good as well as bad about it and to be reasonable with any criticism. Like I said, I even prefer it over Windows 7. Maybe I'm simply not used to the concept of extreme "fanboys" existing on the MS side of things.

#60 Dot Matrix

Dot Matrix

Neowinian Senior

• 10,431 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 13 November 2012 - 17:57

so you are basically a paid MS employee who is trolling here. shame MS.

Where the frak have I said I'm a Microsoft employee? Why are you taking a troll's word over my own? If I was I would say so, but I'm not. I'm a college student living in upstate NY. Cool, huh?

Haters gonna hate, I guess.