• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#46 torrentthief

torrentthief

Neowinian Senior

Posted 22 November 2012 - 00:07

why delete the entire topic?

wouldn't renaming it be better?

we already have other topics about IE10 for win7.

#47 vetsanctified

sanctified

Your order is meaningless. My chaos is significant.

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: An awesome Moto X for $150 off contract.

Posted 22 November 2012 - 00:19

Any screenshots?

#48 +Brando212

Brando212

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 13
  • Phone: Sony Xperia ZL, Nokia Lumia 925

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:15

Any screenshots?

looks exactly like IE9 except the gradients in the tabs and that have been flattened (in other words, looks exactly like it does on Windows 8 minus lack of glass)

#49 +Zlip792

Zlip792

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 10
  • Phone: Nokia C3-00 (8.70 firmware) It sucks!!!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:15

One Question, does that default one will be 64-bit on installation, I installed 64-bit unlike previously I am unable to find 64-bit IE in All Programs??

#50 cork1958

cork1958

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:25

Well I have got Windows 7 and I have never upgraded to IE9. I have stuck with IE8 which is the default version of IE that comes with Windows 7, when you install it. IE10 is exactly the same as IE9. It is slow and slows down the whole of Windows.So if Microsoft think that I or anyone else is going to install IE10 they must be joking. I have uninstalled IE10 from my Windows 8 as well. So the answer to the question will I install IE10 on my Windows 7 is NO WAY.

You're out of your mind and I remember some of the ridiculousness you were talking prevoisly about your setup!! Sheesh!

IE8 totally sucks comapred to IE9 and DOES NOT slow down anything!

I had asked this question already a few days ago, in a totally sepearate topic, when I installed IE10.

Does anyone know what that dllhost.exe/COM surrogate service is that now runs since installing IE10?

I know what the COM surrogate is, but can find no way to disable the service. I'm almost sure it's related to the Do Not Track feature, but not positive.

I solved that issue though by removing IE10. It is not much of an improvement over IE9 on my machines.

#51 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:52

One Question, does that default one will be 64-bit on installation, I installed 64-bit unlike previously I am unable to find 64-bit IE in All Programs??

It loads the 64 bit version by default, I believe. That may or may not load separate 32 bit instances for tabs...I thought that was how it's going to work but I'd have to look into it.

I had asked this question already a few days ago, in a totally sepearate topic, when I installed IE10.

Does anyone know what that dllhost.exe/COM surrogate service is that now runs since installing IE10?

I know what the COM surrogate is, but can find no way to disable the service. I'm almost sure it's related to the Do Not Track feature, but not positive.

I solved that issue though by removing IE10. It is not much of an improvement over IE9 on my machines.

COM surrogate service is probably to use 32 bit plugins/tab instances in a 64 bit app. Don't know, since I'm not running win7. It has nothing to do with DNT.

#52 Kamran Mackey

Kamran Mackey

Apple Fanatic

• Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 23 November 2012 - 14:15

Thanks for the link to download. IE runs faster than ever now!