jailbreak

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Scorbing

Scorbing

Halo Master

• Phone: Galaxy Note 2

Posted 14 November 2012 - 14:07

Here's a neat little tweak from the people of Cydia that lets you delete apps such as News Stand, Weather, Stocks, etc, from the iPhone without the need to jailbreak the phone. I tried it and it works like a charm. Enjoy.

http://www.cultofmac...t-jailbreaking/

#2 n_K

n_K

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 3
  • Phone: Nokia 3315

Posted 14 November 2012 - 14:15

Incorrect title, this trick merely removes the icons until a reboot, it does not remove any of the apps themselves nor give you any extra space.

#3 OP Scorbing

Scorbing

Halo Master

Posted 14 November 2012 - 14:25

Incorrect title, this trick merely removes the icons until a reboot, it does not remove any of the apps themselves nor give you any extra space.

If you read correctly, they fixed that issue so if you reboot, they no longer appear.

I misread. You are right. Sorry about that. The point is they are gone from the screen. I hate to see them there taking up space anyways. They are annoying and useless.

#4 Haggis

Haggis

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 8
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE (i9305)

Posted 14 November 2012 - 14:26

what n-K is saying is they dont uninstall them they only HIDE the icon

#5 episode

episode

Neowinian Fanatic

Posted 14 November 2012 - 14:32

I misread. You are right. Sorry about that. The point is they are gone from the screen. I hate to see them there taking up space anyways. They are annoying and useless.

Put them in a folder.

#6 OP Scorbing

Scorbing

Halo Master

Posted 14 November 2012 - 14:42

Put them in a folder.

You can't put News Stand in a folder. It won't let you. The others you can, but then again, they take space on that folder and there is only so much you can put in a folder.

#7 episode

episode

Neowinian Fanatic

Posted 14 November 2012 - 15:30

You can't put News Stand in a folder. It won't let you. The others you can, but then again, they take space on that folder and there is only so much you can put in a folder.

You're correct, news stand you can't. But all the others you can. Put them in a folder, put that folder on the last page of apps you have. Now its not in the way, and you don't need to worry about it.

#8 n_K

n_K

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Nokia 3315

Posted 14 November 2012 - 16:27

Oh you can put news stand in a folder, believe me it takes a lot of hassle/attempts to do it but you can do it (it will crash if you try to open it though).
Search on youtube, basically the trick from what I remember was to hold down on another icon and quickly move to dragging the news stand app into it instead.

#9 moloko

moloko

Neowinian Senior

Posted 18 December 2012 - 15:06

This is a big fault of ipads, Not being able to remove the stock apps or even the icons. I mean it so easy to restore the thing. Just let us do it.

#10 QuarterSwede

QuarterSwede

We have too much to live with and too little to live for.

Posted 25 December 2012 - 00:19

You're correct, news stand you can't. But all the others you can. Put them in a folder, put that folder on the last page of apps you have. Now its not in the way, and you don't need to worry about it.

I throw them all onto the last page where my works apps are. Man I wish iOS had personal/work modes.

#11 Barpanda

Barpanda

Neowinian

Posted 16 January 2013 - 17:07

Very nice Halo! I've been looking for a simple way to remove those unsightly icons. :)

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!