5 posts in this topic

Posted

About a year ago when I got my gaming PC my WEI was 7.8, with only one parameter falling short of the 7.9 ideal. Now, I notice that it has fallen to 7.7 (with another parameter at 7.8, the rest 7.9). As far as I can tell, I'm running the same amount of (minimal) background processes, so it should have the same score. Does the WEI standard against which my system is being measured increase over time, or is there something that has changed on my end to account for this decrease in performance, and if the latter, any ideas how I can isolate/fix it?

Posted

Could be anything sometimes my gaming score changes just based on current driver.

Posted

it could be better hardware has come out and M$ has updated the WEI to reflect the new hardware

Posted

WEI scores aren't worth worrying about in my opinion. They're more of a guideline than exact performance metric.
2 people like this

Posted

[quote name='Javik' timestamp='1352982586' post='595321822']
WEI scores aren't worth worrying about in my opinion. They're more of a guideline than exact performance metric.
[/quote]

Yep,
Totally worthless. If your computer does what you want it to do, so what about some number!!