Photo

Windows Experience Index degradation?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 SHaGGGz

SHaGGGz

Neowinian

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:05

About a year ago when I got my gaming PC my WEI was 7.8, with only one parameter falling short of the 7.9 ideal. Now, I notice that it has fallen to 7.7 (with another parameter at 7.8, the rest 7.9). As far as I can tell, I'm running the same amount of (minimal) background processes, so it should have the same score. Does the WEI standard against which my system is being measured increase over time, or is there something that has changed on my end to account for this decrease in performance, and if the latter, any ideas how I can isolate/fix it?

#2 aionaddict

aionaddict

Neowinian

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:58

Could be anything sometimes my gaming score changes just based on current driver.

#3 +CrossCheck

CrossCheck

i am a retarded disfigured clown

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:08

it could be better hardware has come out and M$ has updated the WEI to reflect the new hardware

#4 Javik

Javik

#GamerGate

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:29

WEI scores aren't worth worrying about in my opinion. They're more of a guideline than exact performance metric.

#5 cork1958

cork1958

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:32

WEI scores aren't worth worrying about in my opinion. They're more of a guideline than exact performance metric.

Yep,
Totally worthless. If your computer does what you want it to do, so what about some number!!