Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Laptop Recommendation

Question

Posted

Hello Everyone,

I have been tasked with getting a laptop for our daughter for christmas, we are looking at spending around

8 answers to this question

Posted

[quote name='Lilrich' timestamp='1353269381' post='595330974']
Hello Everyone,

I have been tasked with getting a laptop for our daughter for christmas, we are looking at spending around

Posted

[quote name='Arceles' timestamp='1353269522' post='595330982']
If you install start8 ($5) on win8 it will literally be the same as windows 7 and to what she will probably have at school, start8 disables the hot corners and can boot directly to the desktop, hiding completely the start screen.
[/quote]

Well that is interesting, i didn't even know that such a product existed. This could most definitely be a deal sealer.

Posted

Sorry i can't help but i'm just replying in this as i'd like to know the same too. I'm thinking of buying a laptop too while Win7 is still being sold on laptops, because i really can't stand the look of Win8.

Posted

I'm pretty sure your daughter would have ZERO issues using windows 8, probably better than you ;)

Posted

There are still quite a lot of Windows 7 laptops on the market at the moment. If you don't want to use 8 i'd advise buying in the next couple of months before OEMs begin the switchover

Posted

This one looks pretty good - http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/asus-x501a-xx280h-15-6-laptop-white-17056519-pdt.html Windows 8 but with that Start8 tool it could be a winner?

Posted

[url="http://www.ebuyer.com/search?sort=price+ascending&cat=10&store=5&cat=10&page=1"]A few more choices[/url] for up to

Posted

Out of interest - what brand of budget laptops would you recommend?

I remember being advised AGAINST Acer a few years ago, but we've had 2 of them & they've always been fine.