Photo

Hitman: Absolution

official hitman: absolution io interactive square enix glacier 2 pc ps3 xbox 360

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 pes2013

pes2013

Neowinian

• 881 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 22:29

Discuss Hitman: Absolution

#2 vetFourjays

Fourjays

Neowinian Senior

• 3,013 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:55

Well I got my copy on Friday, but I probably won't start it until the end of the week at the earliest. Want to finish Fallout: New Vegas first. Got a whole load of other games to start or finish, but Hitman is undoubtedly next on my list.

#3 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• 5,626 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:19

I'll buy it soonish. This month is iffy since I just picked up Assassins Creed 3 and am in the middle of Dishonored and playing a bunch of multiplayer games I wasn't able to before.

(Not to mention the Christmas insanity. Whee.)

#4 OP pes2013

pes2013

Neowinian

• 881 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 18:26

I'll buy it soonish. This month is iffy since I just picked up Assassins Creed 3 and am in the middle of Dishonored and playing a bunch of multiplayer games I wasn't able to before.

(Not to mention the Christmas insanity. Whee.)

I could have sold Assassins Creed 3 to you for a MUCH lesser price; I got it with my NVidia card but I don't care too much for the game.

You already made a thread on this very topic, here

Thread Closed

WOW Sorry about that........I didn't even remember :(
Finished it in two days. It was OK; I liked Im not sure if it was the second or third game, where the ending was just get whatever gun you want and kill every single person on the map. Fun ending. The ending to this one is almost seen from the beginning of the game.
Its a quick game (Unless you are a "Purist")
The story is so so.......not one of my favorite gaming moments.

#5 ViperAFK

ViperAFK

Neowinian Senior

• 10,872 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:40

I got it on release and beat it in a few days. Wasn't amazing, but I thought it was pretty solid. Fun gameplay, alright story, just a bit too short. Its replay-able with the different difficulties and different ways to complete levels though, so I'll be playing through again.

#6 Silpheed2K

Silpheed2K

Neowinian

• 299 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:01

I really liked the way the story and characters were handled in Hitman Absolution. They really took the time to develop them and put some effort into the story.
Only thing I didn't like was how linear the levels were (compared to the previous games) and how they were broken up into different segments. Other than that, I really enjoyed the game.

#7 vetFourjays

Fourjays

Neowinian Senior

• 3,013 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:01

I've not finished it yet, but I'm enjoying it a lot. Reminds me of everything I enjoyed about Splinter Cell... sneaking around, waiting for the opportune moment to move, listening to what people say, planning my moves then executing them, etc. Can see myself playing through it a good few times as well, trying different methods and on higher difficulties.

Never played any of the prior games so can't compare, but this is the kind of linearity that doesn't bother me. On bigger levels there are enough different ways to go that you don't notice it and on smaller ones you don't really feel like you are in a linear level due to the presentation.

#8 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• 5,626 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:55

Picked it up since it's $20 off everywhere but Steam.

You'd almost think I couldn't pass up a sale huh :huh: I'd rather play Far Cry 3, but this was on my short list of things to get anyway.

#9 curme

curme

Grand Inquisitor

• 4,121 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:05

Discuss Hitman: Absolution

No.

#10 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• 5,626 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 14:11

No.

You're in a topic for it, so not much point trolling just for the hell of it.

#11 Ninjaspag

Ninjaspag

Thanagarian Snare Beast

• 81 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:25

Just finished it yesterday. I've still got loads of stuff to do as I didn't find all the items and whatnot in each level, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. The one thing that I didn't like was that it sometimes didn't feel like a Hitman game (every level is a contract with a story in a different location, ability to choose loadout etc). Despite that, it still feels very Hitman in terms of having a million ways to do each level.

#12 lunamonkey

lunamonkey

Ten years on Neowin.

• 9,029 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:46

Is it a little more logical than Blood Money? Or maybe Blood Money was too logical and too clever for me.

I couldn't work out when to put on a disguise or distract some, or kill someone. And the fact that he walks so slowly just made it the most frustrating experience in gaming. If no one can see me, why can't I run around?

Was it meant to be solved by trial and error, because I couldn't really tell how else it should be done? (I promise I'm not stupid....) :p

Is it the same style for Absolution?

#13 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• 5,626 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:30

You can't run around cause you're trying not to call attention to yourself, but he does walk faster in Absolution.

I dunno. I haven't figured out what to do in the second mission so I'm not the man to ask.

#14 vetFourjays

Fourjays

Neowinian Senior

• 3,013 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:33

Finished the story a couple of nights ago on easy (figured it was a good place to start having never played a Hitman game before). My only minor complaints would be the
Spoiler
, and the
Spoiler
. Anyone know if there are plans for a DLC storyline?
Spoiler

Now started again on normal and still enjoying it.

Out of the games I've played this year I would tentatively pick this as my GotY. Tentatively, as I have yet to play The Walking Dead (next up) or Assassin's Creed III (or II, or Brotherhood, or Revelations for that matter :laugh:).

#15 Wyrdstorm

Wyrdstorm

IT_Dogsbody

• 189 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:39

I got a copy of this for XMAS and have played it for a few hours, so far i think it is an excellent game and does very well to have kept the same "feel" as "Hitman - Contracts" !! Really enjoying playing it at moment, hope story aint too short though!! :)