How much RAM do you have installed?

How much RAM In Your Workstation?  

305 members have voted

1. 1. How much RAM in your workstation?

I run memory intensive workloads and just ordered 32GB of RAM (4x8GB) and was curious what you guys have.

What kind of programs or more importantly, how many of them are running at the same time that you can justify needing that much RAM? :|

I only have my laptop now

only use it for web,email, coding

only has 2gb RAM and runs fine

will upgrade to 4gb at some point

Voted 4GB (2x2GB) DDR2 667 running @ 800Mhz (E5300 OC'ed @ 3.2Ghz / P5KPL-AM/PS / VaporX Radeon HD 5770 / 320GB Cavier Blue 7200RPM SATA II / VX 550)

64GB.

What motherboard do you use? I assume it's a dual socket. I really wish mine had more than 4 DIMM slots :-/

What kind of programs or more importantly, how many of them are running at the same time that you can justify needing that much RAM? :|

I use Windows as my host OS but run linux in a VM. I develop on both platforms. The main reason I need the RAM is because I work with some very large databases and I want most of the data loaded in memory rather than read from/written to my SSD

I have 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 1600Mhz, picked it up dirt cheap and never looked back. My motherboard can support up to 32GB but I've never noticed any lag with what I have so in my case it's all i need... for now :p

Have got 8GB in both my home and work PC's and find it to be a sweet spot in terms of price and performance. Have never found my machine starved for RAM in either location so.. can't see myself going higher any time soon.

16GB because I do a lot of 3D and Photoshop work.

Could use another 16GB thou to bump it to 32, maybe even 64GB but before that, Another SSD is definately on the cards, only got 12GB spare space on my Windows Drive. :(

What motherboard do you use? I assume it's a dual socket. I really wish mine had more than 4 DIMM slots :-/

x79 based motherboard.. probably has like 8 Ram slots.

8GB here, last of the DDR2!

8GB of DDR1333 in my bubby home server.

I've always wondered why they're making crazy-fast DDR3 RAM - like the 2133MHz...what processors actually support it? The new IB i7's only seem to have 1600MHz support. I'm clearly missing something but...

m

Edit: I occasionally bump over 4GB of usage here and there (a little bit of handbreak encoding every now and then)...for the tiny cost of RAM these days, I like to have just that little bit more.

I got 16 GB DDR3 Ram. Not that I use more than 8 (or even less..) but I upgraded my computer with a new mainboard & CPU and I saw such a cheap 4x4GB Kit. Couldnt resist. Crazy how cheap that has become....