Any word if Firefox 17 is going to come out tomorrow the 20th

Wondering if there is any word about firefox 17 coming out on the 20th which is the wikipedia firefox release history date if it will be out by then or the date have change?

It will surely release today, not to worry just hang for little time.

I really don't like the social features they are integrating into it, even if they are optional there are already addons that do that stuff. No need to build it right into the browser, that's just pointless feature creep. Have they forgotten what made Firefox popular in the first place?

The Extended Service release is already on their servers:

ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/17.0esr/[/CODE]

Whats the extended one got over the latest 17b6 ?

Extended is probably the one that they're doing for businesses, i.e. it'll be extended support.

You know, when mozilla said businesses shouldn't be using firefox and made releases very fast so all business dumped firefox, they lost a lot of market share and now want it back again so said it was a little misunderstanding?

Actually Mozilla didn't say that. Mozilla said that businesses should be on the ESR channel, not the release channel.

As such they release a new version every 7 major builds that is an ESR build...and it will automatically take those businesses from 10 to 17.

Ok, I have tried the normal 17.0 release from a clean install of FF, not as an update and within a few moments, it froze and then crashed. Crashing my system also. I uninstalled it, ran Ccleaner and installed the ESR and I have been running the the ESR for over an hour now and no issues. Sorry to all you FF fans, but there is a differnce. ESR is much more stable and I would say it is probably meant for businesses. Businesses need a stable release, not a fly-by-night-bang-out-the-numbers-release and the release channel is crap.

Ok, I have tried the normal 17.0 release from a clean install of FF, not as an update and within a few moments, it froze and then crashed. Crashing my system also. I uninstalled it, ran Ccleaner and installed the ESR and I have been running the the ESR for over an hour now and no issues. Sorry to all you FF fans, but there is a differnce. ESR is much more stable and I would say it is probably meant for businesses. Businesses need a stable release, not a fly-by-night-bang-out-the-numbers-release and the release channel is crap.

sounds like you should have just upgraded instead of the clean install. ive been running 17 all afternoon w/o issue.

The ESR and standard release are the same, other than the update channel that they point to.

If the machine crashed then something in the system caused that...and Firefox runs in Userland...so you might want to look at that.

sounds like you should have just upgraded instead of the clean install. ive been running 17 all afternoon w/o issue.

I'll stick with the ESR release.

The ESR and standard release are the same, other than the update channel that they point to.

If the machine crashed then something in the system caused that...and Firefox runs in Userland...so you might want to look at that.

See above. It works for me.

I'll stick with the ESR release.

See above. It works for me.

I did see above. :p

My point was that if the whole system went down then something at the system level took it down...a driver or Windows service of some sort.

The browser itself runs in 'Userland' and can't take down the OS on its own...now it may have made a call to something...and that something failed and took the system down...but it still means you need to find out what caused it...since it is likely to happen again at some point.

I did see above. :p

My point was that if the whole system went down then something at the system level took it down...a driver or Windows service of some sort.

The browser itself runs in 'Userland' and can't take down the OS on its own...now it may have made a call to something...and that something failed and took the system down...but it still means you need to find out what caused it...since it is likely to happen again at some point.

Where would you like me to check?