Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pes2013

Your favorite source code editor?

61 posts in this topic

i used Gedit (linux) or notepad ++ (used to be good old notepad but the tabbing kept going meh)

I have no idea why people use vi/vim, it's the worst text editor since sliced bread, nano ftw.

Thank you! You just made my day. That's the hardest I've laughed at any comment on Neowin since this one.

Notepad++ or ScITE on Windows, gedit on Linux and vi if something goes wrong/needs fixing ASAP.

I have no idea why people use vi/vim, it's the worst text editor since sliced bread, nano ftw.

Simple - vi is the default text editor. We don't have nano in our unix environment. Once you learn vi (and I used to hate CLI, was a GUI person), it is an amazing text editor - fast and efficient. Haven't personally used nano, so I can't compare the two. I've had experience with emacs, but it was meh.

On Windows, notepad++ is my text editor of choice.

For quick editing I used to use Notepad2 and made it my default text editor in Windows when I worked with scripting languages. It was free, lightweight and could be run without installing.

Microsoft Word. :D

Notepad++ is pretty much all I use.

Simple - vi is the default text editor. We don't have nano in our unix environment. Once you learn vi (and I used to hate CLI, was a GUI person), it is an amazing text editor - fast and efficient. Haven't personally used nano, so I can't compare the two. I've had experience with emacs, but it was meh.

On Windows, notepad++ is my text editor of choice.

I can definitely see how you would get confused by n_K's comment, especially if you have never used nano, but he was being sarcastic. That's why I though it was so funny. There is nothing wrong with nano. Its great for beginners when they are first learning how to use terminal, but its not a serious developer's text editor by any means.

I can definitely see how you would get confused by n_K's comment, especially if you have never used nano, but he was being sarcastic. That's why I though it was so funny. There is nothing wrong with nano. Its great for beginners when they are first learning how to use terminal, but its not a serious developer's text editor by any means.

:blushing: d'oh didn't know that!

visual studio 2012 it has rich class libraries and tools that helps in developing application easily.

I personally like visual studio for .net. Best side hands down.

Visual Studio for C# and C++, Eclipse for Java and Notepad++ for everything else.