Your favorite source code editor?

Question

Hello

I know everyone likes and uses Notepad++ but I tried Sublime Text 2 and wow I felt in love with it :) The out of the box expirence is better than Notepad++ as much of Notepad++'s plugins are already a part of Sublime Text 2. Plus search is A LOT faster....

What source code editor do you use, why and with what language?

I have no idea why people use vi/vim, it's the worst text editor since sliced bread, nano ftw.

Thank you! You just made my day. That's the hardest I've laughed at any comment on Neowin since this one.

I have no idea why people use vi/vim, it's the worst text editor since sliced bread, nano ftw.

Simple - vi is the default text editor. We don't have nano in our unix environment. Once you learn vi (and I used to hate CLI, was a GUI person), it is an amazing text editor - fast and efficient. Haven't personally used nano, so I can't compare the two. I've had experience with emacs, but it was meh.

On Windows, notepad++ is my text editor of choice.

For quick editing I used to use Notepad2 and made it my default text editor in Windows when I worked with scripting languages. It was free, lightweight and could be run without installing.

Simple - vi is the default text editor. We don't have nano in our unix environment. Once you learn vi (and I used to hate CLI, was a GUI person), it is an amazing text editor - fast and efficient. Haven't personally used nano, so I can't compare the two. I've had experience with emacs, but it was meh.

On Windows, notepad++ is my text editor of choice.

I can definitely see how you would get confused by n_K's comment, especially if you have never used nano, but he was being sarcastic. That's why I though it was so funny. There is nothing wrong with nano. Its great for beginners when they are first learning how to use terminal, but its not a serious developer's text editor by any means.

I can definitely see how you would get confused by n_K's comment, especially if you have never used nano, but he was being sarcastic. That's why I though it was so funny. There is nothing wrong with nano. Its great for beginners when they are first learning how to use terminal, but its not a serious developer's text editor by any means.

:blushing: d'oh didn't know that!